Original topic:

Google app eating a lot of battery πŸ”‹πŸ”‹

(Topic created on: 07-14-2021 01:33 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy M
From past 3-4 days i noticed that my phone's battery was dying fast, it was a lil surprising for me as my Galaxy M30 easily gave me about 10hrs of SOT with heavy usage (Gaming not included) 

So i headed to the Device care > Battery > Battery stats and there i saw that the Google app was wasting my battery in a day it took around 15% of battery that troubled me

Then i Googled this and everwhere i got the answer was that it was the Google broken update because of which the app was wasting so much of batteryeven the option - Put app to sleep when not in use was turned on for google but it didn't work that way 

At last what i did was (Uninstall Updates) in the apps section > Google app and now it's been half a day it hasn't shown up in the Device's battery usage section.

What do you think it was a Google app problem or my device specific problem?
2 Comments
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-battery-drain-issue/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
akhil094
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Google app is huge, have so many services running in background.
0 Likes