Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy M 01 phones having sound issue after android 11 update

(Topic created on: 05-10-2021 10:28 PM)
Rogue1
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
Is anyone else having this problem!?. I recently  received  an update for my Galaxy M01. Unlike most updates it was a full software update, android 11 from android 10. Was about 1.5 Gb update. The update added so many new features and stuff which am happy about but it just completely  fuc#$d up my audio. Now the audio coming from both the speaker and the headset is rather muffled, the sound is lowered and if u put on a music track, it will start  off normally but within about 2 - 3 seconds it would  muffle the audio, lower the audio quality and sound, the issue persists  regardless of the app you are using so it is a os lvl issue. I tried everything  to try and fix it, tried safe mode, tried setting reset, multiple  restarts, nothing works. Has anbody found a way to fix this issue. And am guessing that reverting  the update is not an option, i would be willing to do that if it was an option. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AgentDarkFury
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
They just released an update for fixing this sound issue, install it and you're good to go!Screenshot_20210521-113333_Software update_10338.jpg

View solution in context

16 Comments
krishbarnwal
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
This issue has been there with every user. Don't try resetting your device didn't work for me. The audio quality is very poor and fluctuates highly. Wait for updates. Try pestering the customer care with this.
Rogue1
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Lol, on it, already have send multiple error reports to them about this. Hope they resolve the issue soon, lol.
0 Likes
krishbarnwal
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Found a little help. Try setting the limit for audio over headset from volume bar> 3dot> settings icon> 3 dot > set audio limit and fix one value which you use. Done try playing the music at lesser volm than the limit. Please don't expect it to do wonders. It doesnt help much but patch updates are a little far now. I didn't find it out someone on YouTube found it out. Well share with other m01 users if you have time. Thanks.
AgentDarkFury
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Won't help
0 Likes
arjundev
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
I also have the same issue
areebsm31
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Facing same. Tried restarting switching on/off dolby atmos, clearing cache from recovery. I was watching youtube videos before updating from one ui 2 to 3.1 it was good then. once it updated and restarted this issue cropped up. Happens only on wired earphones and on media audio only not on calls. tried with various earphones

0 Likes
Rogue1
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
I think its only feeling like its not affecting calls tho. Cause the audio is muffled only on bass notes n such. The treble signals are mostly not affected. If u play a vidio of like a talk show or something it wont distort the voice from it, atleast for me. Also i think a lot of the features like eye comfort shield n such have a delay on activating and the eye comfort shield has issues when switching from portrait mode to landscape.
areebsm31
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Ive noticed freq based distortion too. Ive tried bluetooth 2.1 speakers and theres no muffling there.
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes