Original topic:

Fraud at Samsung authorized sevice center

(Topic created on: 07-03-2023 12:28 PM)
Arun410
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
I bought Galaxy M21 in Nov, 2020. In June 2023, the phone suddenly stopped working. When i tried to switch on, only the first screen showing 'Galaxy M21' was coming up. Took my phone to DRB Enterprise Samsung auhorized service center near Chrompet, Chennai on 28/6/23. 

After checking the phone, the service personnel said that it can't be repaired and the board needs to be replaced which costs around ₹6500(without any guarantee of how long it would work). They told in either way the data would be lost. 

Then, I took the phone to a local(road side) service center - he told this model used to get software and board issues. He told if possible he will try to refit the board after cleaning it. Finally, on 2/7/23, he repaired the phone and brought it back to life @ just ₹600(1/10th of the cost quoted by Samsung service center) that too along with the phone data. 

Regret that Samsung service center's are trying to loot from its trusted customers or it is not having skilled personnel to repair the phones.

I demand a detailed explanation from Samsung on why the sevice personnel were not able to repair it and atleast switch on the mobile to recover the data.

3 Comments
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
All brands are like that, be it a car manufacturer or an electronics manufacturer. They'll replace the entire part instead of repairing it
0 Likes
MAvinash
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
Got to experience the service centre, DRB enterprise. Yes they are really bad. I could not find any place where we can raise a complaint. Very very poor service
0 Likes