Original topic:

Android 12 causing serious issues for some Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3 owners

(Topic created on: 12-08-2021 03:11 PM)
GalaxyA51user
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy Z

A couple of days ago, Samsung released the stable Android 12 update to the Galaxy Z Flip 3 and the Galaxy Z Fold 3 in a few countries. However, it looks like the update isn’t stable after all. Many Galaxy Z Flip3 and Galaxy Z Fold3 users have complained of varied issues ever since they installed the One UI 4.0 update.

South Korean users are facing a lot of issues with their latest foldable phones running Android 12. In Samsung’s official forums, some users claimed that their device has bricked after installing the update. Others said their device entered the recovery mode after installing the new firmware. Some users faced screen flickering, dark mode, slow performance, and the Dual Messenger feature not working with some apps.

Some Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Galaxy Z Fold 3 users are unable to take screenshots or use video streaming apps like Netflix and YouTube. Others have even faced issues related to the camera and images getting automatically deleted from the gallery. Some units are stuck on a 60Hz screen refresh rate or have bad audio quality. One user even claimed that the phone’s camera app isn’t working after installing the One UI 4.0 update. 

It is being reported that Samsung has decided to temporarily stop the Android 12 rollout for the Galaxy Z Flip 3 and the Galaxy Z Fold 3. After critical bugs are fixed, the South Korean firm could resume the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 update in South Korea and release it in more countries.

4 Comments
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Z

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing important information. We acknowledge this query and apologize for the same and feedback is also noted.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.
Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Ahuynh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

what is the fix for these issues? my fold3 recently update to android 12 and now the audio will not work when I open the main screen (big screen) is there a fix for this problem caused by Samsung software update

0 Likes
Soul58uk
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

After updating my home screen kept freezing or at least non responsive in terms of icons and swiping but the three symbols at the bottom still worked. I had to then close any open pages in order to be able reselect any home page icons.

To correct this I went through all my apps and cleared the cache on each one. It appears to have solved the problem.

0 Likes
Deathbyillusion
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Just had a update on my phone and many apps like tiktok etc won't open as they keep crashing as soon as I try to launch them. Nothing even really pops up it immediately crashes. What's the fix for this because for my job I rely on these apps and I can't use them now. I already didn't like how buggy and the aspect ratio was for apps to begin with or missing features in the YouTube app such as creating shirts which is crutial for me and now this!?!? This is ridiculous! 

0 Likes