Did you mean: 

Original topic:

samsung A50 battery problem

(Topic created on: yesterday)
Orelien
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Why does my Samsung A50 even when turned off, it discharges faster. I have already tried everything up to changing a new battery but the same thing, Why does my Samsung A50 even when it's off, it discharges faster. I've already tried everything up to changing a new battery but the same thing, I've updated everything, battery saving, limited the application in the background, put it in safe mode but nothing worked. If you have any solutions for this or know what makes it like this? 
0 Likes
2 Comments
outcast1
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
You need to take this matter to a Samsung repair service store since you have even replaced the battery something is wrong
0 Likes
Galaxy A
I strongly believe that the main board is faulty. I am talking about the main circuit board or motherboard of the phone. A few years ago, I had the A50 (I still have it to this day) . It was when I recently updated the software to Android 11 One UI 3.1. I put the phone to charge. When I came back to check my phone to see if it was full. It was at about 87% and disconnected the charger. Immediately after I disconnected the charger, the phone turned off, and smoke was coming from the top of the phone, near the top microphone. It smells burning. The smoke stopped after a few seconds, and the top of the phone was very hot. I left the phone to cool down, even put it in the fridge. After about 15 min, I took it out from the fridge. It was too cold that moisture or water formed on the surface of the phone. So, I left it on a table to let it warm up to room temperature. After some time, I connected the charger. The phone was charging normally, but the battery level was around 30%. Turned the phone on after it reached 100%. The phone was working fine. But then things happened like you described. Battery discharges faster even when the phone is off.

The top of the phone was always a little warm to the touch (this is where the motherboard is at) even when the phone is off. The warranty of the phone was still there. Sent it for repair. After one month, I got a call to come to collect the phone. They said they changed the battery, so what you would normally think is that the battery was faulty all along. Came back home happy but only to find out after one week that they, in fact, did not change the battery but actually changed the motherboard (maybe they changed both battery and board - I don't know) What happened is that one week after the repair, the beautiful colourful reflective back plastic cover became loose. The glue they applied did not hold the cover tight. So, I completely removed the cover to see if I can glue it back myself cause I don't want to wait for another month without a phone. It was the only phone I had. While looking inside the phone with back cover removed, I noticed a date on the battery, which read **bleep**.**bleep**.19 (I don't remember the exact date or month). I was like, what the hell, they put an old 2019 battery in the phone or what. Anyway, I was able to glue the cover back, and this time, It did not come loose. So, life goes normal until one day I was searching for Netflix app but could not find it in the search result on the Play Store. After I fed up looking for the app, I searched on Google why it's not there. I came across one reason saying the device is not certified under play protect certification. So, I opened the Google Play store and went to Settings>About, only to find out that the device was not certified. Then, I remembered that it read, "Device is certified," before sending the phone for repair. I am like they changed the motherboard. To confirm my doubt, I removed the back cover and disassembled the phone by removing the middle cover that covers the board. I found fingerprints all over the shiny metals that protect the electronic components. I was sure that they indeed changed the motherboard and chose not to say the truth. Normally, when disassembling a new phone, you won't find fingerprints inside. It's clean. Since they said they changed the battery and never mentioned that they changed the board, then what are the fingerprints doing there? Later on, I got a new phone and installed a custom ROM that's running on Android 12 One UI 4.1 on the A50. It's running fine.
0 Likes