Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

a orange colored dot on the whatsapp app

(Topic created on: 11-26-2020 07:21 AM)
santhosh9
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Yesterday I got an orange dot on my whatsapp app at the top left corner. Why is it so ,what's the cause behind this?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SwadeshJ
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
the answer by whatsApp

An incorrect badge count on the WhatsApp icon is usually caused by an issue with your phone. Please try these troubleshooting steps to reset it:

Ask someone to send you a new WhatsApp message. This should automatically refresh the message count.
Tap and hold on the WhatsApp icon and drag it to the trash can icon (usually located on the top of the screen), then drag a new WhatsApp icon out of your app drawer into your home screen.
Uninstall WhatsApp. Go to Settings > Device > Applications > Application manager > More > Show system apps > BadgeProvider > Storage (path may vary depending on your phone) or to your badge count app, tap Clear Data, and then re-install WhatsApp.
Go to Settings > System > Developer options and make sure Do not keep activities is turned off. If you do not have developer options, skip this.
Go to Settings > Device > Applications > Application manager > WhatsApp > Storage and tap Clear Data. You will have to reverify your phone number next time you open WhatsApp.
Badge count is a notification functionality provided by your launcher and is not a function of WhatsApp. If you continue to experience issues, please contact your phone's manufacturer.

View solution in context

Solution
YesImAk
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
it'll disappear in 2-3 days

View solution in context

47 Comments
BabaluKaushik
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
same my PhonePe app at the top left corner red dot . but I don't know what is this
santhosh9
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
does it causing any problem? till now I didn't get any issue, is this a software issue ?
0 Likes
SwadeshJ
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
An Orange dot next to an app normally means it's a beta version, as installed through Testflight.
santhosh9
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
is it true? cause I don't know till know that I received a beta version
0 Likes
santhosh9
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
you too having this or for any app? please let me know
0 Likes
SwadeshJ
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
to solve this issue you have to update whatsapp or uninstall
0 Likes
santhosh9
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
yes I did but same appearance
0 Likes
SwadeshJ
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Try this if it helps.

Open whatsapp and go to settings. Just fiddle with the settings without changing anything. Then check the dot.
Backup whatsapp to Google cloud. Delete the icon from home screen. Then go to settings > apps > whatsapp. Tap whatsapp. Tap storage. Clear cache and data. You have to re-register your number again. After that it will ask you if want to restore backup. Tap yes. Otherwise if you skip backup then you won't be able to restore it later.
Last but not the least, uninstall > reboot > reinstall whatsapp.
0 Likes
Solution
SwadeshJ
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
the answer by whatsApp

An incorrect badge count on the WhatsApp icon is usually caused by an issue with your phone. Please try these troubleshooting steps to reset it:

Ask someone to send you a new WhatsApp message. This should automatically refresh the message count.
Tap and hold on the WhatsApp icon and drag it to the trash can icon (usually located on the top of the screen), then drag a new WhatsApp icon out of your app drawer into your home screen.
Uninstall WhatsApp. Go to Settings > Device > Applications > Application manager > More > Show system apps > BadgeProvider > Storage (path may vary depending on your phone) or to your badge count app, tap Clear Data, and then re-install WhatsApp.
Go to Settings > System > Developer options and make sure Do not keep activities is turned off. If you do not have developer options, skip this.
Go to Settings > Device > Applications > Application manager > WhatsApp > Storage and tap Clear Data. You will have to reverify your phone number next time you open WhatsApp.
Badge count is a notification functionality provided by your launcher and is not a function of WhatsApp. If you continue to experience issues, please contact your phone's manufacturer.