Original topic:

YouTube Premium not playing when screen is off

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 09:23 AM)
HerculePoirot
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy A
So, I have an A71. I have a YouTube Premium account as well. One of the benefits of having YouTube Premium, in case you might not be aware, is the ability to have the video play even when the screen is off. This comes in handy for songs etc.; saves battery from being utilized with the screen turned on. That feature works well on Realme and Mi phones I've used/are being used in my house. However, not with the A71 and, thinking retrospectively, it was the case with my M31s as well. The video runs for a few seconds, then stops playing altogether. I have things set up appropriately with the YouTube app for background play. Has anybody faced a similar problem and knows of a workaround? 
12 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
you might hv to turn on background play
0 Likes
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Check battery optimization of the app.
If it set for optimizing battery usage, app may close after some time if it is working in background.
Robert04-sms
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

this was it for me, thank you

Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
😇🤝
0 Likes
JagannathDas
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Could you please provide the exact setting?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
bro use vanced YouTube
0 Likes
Cptprice
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I have also YouTube Premium account and I have been using A50s since 1 Year. But everything works fine in my case. 😶
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We would request you to kindly send us the screenshot, video and error log file with in 15 minutes of issue occurrence through error report section from Samsung Member Application:-
Samsung member application > Click on get help > Send feedback > Error report, so that we can help you out with this.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Surajvg93
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

I am also facing the same problem with my S22. Please help.

0 Likes