Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Whatsapp Media Files in Galaxy A21s

(Topic created on: 07-06-2021 11:53 AM)
Jasirmd72
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy A
When I download the received files like images, videos and audio files in whatsapp, the files are not present in gallery or samsung music. I should rather go to My Files> Recent files to access those files. Is it a bug or problem with only my device?
Please help me guys, facing a lot of problem with this.
0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RufusM31s
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A
Make sure u have this option enabled in whatsapp settings>chat.
I don't think there is a way to store whatsapp media to SD card, with whatsapp able to access it. You can move manually in My Files app, but that means whatsapp won't be able to access them...clipboard_image_1625553862016_1625553862016.jpg

View solution in context

Solution
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Open MyFiles-> Internal storage - > Android - >media-> com.whatsapp-> WhatsApp - > Media-> WhatsApp images.
There, you will find a .nomedia file. Delete it.
Delete all these .nomedia files from every folder.
Then, close all apps, and open gallery.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Comments
RufusM31s
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A
With a recent update, it has been moved to Android>media>com.whatsapp>WhatsApp>Media in your internal storage bro...
0 Likes
Jasirmd72
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Oh okay
But why aren't the files visible in gallery?
And how to change the folder to SD card?
0 Likes
Solution
RufusM31s
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A
Make sure u have this option enabled in whatsapp settings>chat.
I don't think there is a way to store whatsapp media to SD card, with whatsapp able to access it. You can move manually in My Files app, but that means whatsapp won't be able to access them...clipboard_image_1625553862016_1625553862016.jpg
Solution
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Open MyFiles-> Internal storage - > Android - >media-> com.whatsapp-> WhatsApp - > Media-> WhatsApp images.
There, you will find a .nomedia file. Delete it.
Delete all these .nomedia files from every folder.
Then, close all apps, and open gallery.
0 Likes
Jasirmd72
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
But I don't see any .nomedia files even with the show hidden files option turned on.
0 Likes
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Hmm, strange. Then, I don't know really. For me, all my images, videos are showing in the gallery though.
0 Likes
RishabhJangir
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Go to my files app settings and turn on show hidden system files and accept this as solution and also the one above Screenshot_20210706-131724_My Files.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Same for me
0 Likes