Original topic:

Super Amoled Display Error

(Topic created on: 10-22-2021 12:45 AM)
SachitBansal
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
I have A52s 5g whose specs claim to have a Super Amoled Display. Now there is a way to test the screen if it's actually S amoled or not. That is: if I go on a very dark place and turn on Always On Display and wait for 10 min to let my eyes adapt to darkness and then look at the screen of my phone, if the pixels in black area in AOD are alive, this means that phone failed the test. This same happened with my phone. To confirm this fail, before this phone, I was using M21 which also has S amoled, I did the same test with that phone and compared them with each other in dark room at night. And pixels are dead on M21 which passed the tes. But A52s 5g had alive pixels. 

25 Comments
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Check the same experiment with this photo. This bug have reported many times before that AOD is not being black on A52s 5GScreenshot_20211022-005255_Gallery_13214.png
SachitBansal
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Will do it. Thanks for telling about the bug
0 Likes
Galaxy A
🙏🏻
0 Likes
Galaxy A
🤘
Simple answer is amoled display shows perfect black by turning off all its led lights.
0 Likes
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
There is a bug that it is not showing perfect black on aod.
Galaxy A
Ohh
Then that's some software issue 🤔
0 Likes
OjasA50
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
My A50 passed the test😀
0 Likes
SachitBansal
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Also, not only AOD, when AOD is off and I put my phone to charge, it shows the remaining time and battery percentage. During that time also, pixels are Alive and I can see a glow on screen. Again that was not the case M21 but with A52s
0 Likes
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
It was also a reported bug.
You should better report these via get help.
0 Likes