Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A41 lackluster camera: any tips for maximizing photo quality?

(Topic created on: 03-06-2021 07:36 PM)
korp
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Dear all,

I am quite pleased with the Samsung Galaxy A41 overall but the camera is not that great: while color reproduction is quite good, JPG compression is far to aggressive creating smudgy effects to my liking and HDR functionality is a bit hit and miss and not present in the "Pro" mode. Photos tend to look like still images from a highly compressed video stream.

Now, I have found that using Pro mode and ISO 100 or ISO 200 seem to turn off some of the worst smudging, resulting in somewhat grainy but overall nicer photos than those taken with higher ISOs. However, in this mode there is no HDR and skies are often over-exposed. Not terrible not great.

I am new to Samsung, having used several phones with the (imho) superior GCam app before. I wonder if you all have any other tips and tricks for how to maximize the camera output quality on these "basic" Samsung phones?

Also, I got the feeling from forum posts that camera quality can vary between OS or UI releases on the Samsung phones, suggesting some of these issues are pretty much only about poorly optimized software or artificial constraints. Are there ways that the user community can constructively lobby against Samsung to sort these issues out?

0 Likes
1 Comment
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

* Clear camera lens with microfiber cloth or a cleaning wipe. Gently remove the fingerprint, dirt and dust from the camera lens.

* Reset camera settings
Camera > Settings > Reset settings > Reset.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes