Original topic:

Require Dynamic Refresh Rate

(Topic created on: 09-28-2022 10:10 PM)
ʰᵃʳʳʸ0201
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy A
As we know almost all smartphones launching in today's generation features high refresh rate of 90Hz to 120Hz and it consumes a lot of battery depending on content we see and how we use it but the problem is if we set it to motion smoothnes *High* then software always handles all task to 120hz even they don't need it. For example if we see photos, reading a story/topic. 
I feel like One UI is grown enough and mature now but it lacks the dynamic refresh rate handling. 
I hereby requesting you to please add support for 1Hz to 120Hz variable refresh rate and optimise it further to reduce power consumption and improve battery life.
8 Comments
NageshShetti
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
You can limit your device refresh rate to 60 to save battery in settings

Even flagships dynamic amoled don't go to 1hz
It goes down till 24hz
Galaxy A
That's why we need it from a low to high smoothnes.
0 Likes
NageshShetti
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Then only option you have to buy flagships phones
0 Likes
Galaxy A
But what's the benefit when they even don't have support for it rather then it'll only need some software tweaks.
0 Likes
NageshShetti
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
It can go down till 24hz and up till 120hz it will save battery then normal amoled display
0 Likes
Galaxy A
I guess it can also be tweaked by software tuning for non flagship phones.
0 Likes
NageshShetti
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
Nope it's not possible because it's real hardware you should have dynamic amoled for that to happen

Without dynamic you can switch 60hz and 120hz but not like dynamic
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have noted down the feedback. We are continuously working for making our products better and more efficient.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support