Original topic:

Problem with Netflix since the update to Android 11 Samsung a40

(Topic created on: 04-05-2021 01:23 AM)
K125sx
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Hello

My a40 was running fine than the update to Android 11 came and it messed it up..

Netflix and prime were freezing and crashing. I already disabled HD playback on prime and now it works fine,but Netflix is still crashing. I already reinstalled the app and it didnt help :(

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Kind regards 

52 Comments
Bandit79e
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hello, one more victim is here.

I've replaced this **bleep** A40 by a new LG smartphone and problem solved.

0 Likes
a40_1981
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

This is really disappointing from Samsung...how can an os upgrade mess a phone like this?

I had a phone communication with customer support, their advice was to clear cache, uninstall apps, etc. or to visit a local customer support center. Not so much of a help. They let me know that they have received complaints from other owners of A40

gabu-
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I had the same situation but today new netflix (&other video apps) update appeard and after updating and restart it works fine now. I hope y'all get the update soon.

0 Likes
dmauran
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Update came today for 2 apps : Disney+ and my B.tv app ... same issues : some sound, black screen and reboot after few seconds ... Netflix update came 2 days ago. Same issues.

0 Likes
shadowuk4
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Got update from Google store for netflix. Rebooted again and cleared data stored and still not working. Get error 5.8 now.

And on the  Disney app my phone froze and rebooted with latest update . Not happy.

0 Likes
gabu-
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Aaand it was too unbelievable to be true. After update it was working for 8 hours and now I have the same problem again. My phone is working slower bc of it. I hope samsung will do something because it's literally unprofessional.

0 Likes
mattwilde123
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I'd like to also add to this by saying that my phone doesn't work. Restarting the app about six times does fix the issue sometimes. 

0 Likes
DragosSV
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hello, i found that updating Android System Webview, and also Chrome might fix this, i tried it works for now but i dont know for how long.

0 Likes
shadowuk4
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Tried that still solved nothing. Had another software update I then cleared the catch. Repaired the apps. Netflix worked for about a couple of minutes and then froze and restarted. Phone. I'm still reading that resetting the phone dosnt fix this issue. Too much hassle to start again for some thing that won't be fixed. Disney dosnt work. Amazon prime works if I turn off hardware exceleration.

Virgin media apps don't stream also.

Looking at the beta trial feedback for this update many had these problems with other phones, which are still not addressed. So why force a poor update andriod 11 beats me. 

HarryDaBosS
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hello, issue solved, or still not fixed? 

0 Likes