Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy A71 issues after Android 12 Update

(Topic created on: 06-17-2022 11:44 AM)
MaNkosiOmuhle
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

So my phone has been doing this a lot since I updated to Android 12. It has generally become sluggish ,it takes forever to open apps or respond to selections made and will show either the dots or the green processing arrow while I have to wait. I have wiped the cache partition more than twice now. Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of this?
8 Comments
DatGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Honestly, the best thing you could try is to reset your phone.
0 Likes
MaNkosiOmuhle
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I'd hoped that wouldn't be an option. Thank you.
0 Likes
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Galaxy A

Hi  MaNkosiOmuhle

Kindly optimize your device.

1. From the home screen, swipe either up or down to access apps.

2. Tap Settings.

3. Tap Device Maintenance.

4. Tap Optimize now.

If the issue persists, please perform a soft reset of your device.

Press and hold the power and volume down buttons for about 10 seconds.

*The device may take a screenshot, however keep holding the buttons for a few more seconds.

0 Likes
MrHardlight
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
You might not like this, but I would suggest you completely wipe off your phone to factory default, that way you can start afresh with installing new apps and don't worry that won't erase the new update (Android 12) cause if you install it while having preinstalled apps I feel they're not really compatible fully with the new update of android 12
0 Likes
MaNkosiOmuhle
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I did this eventually.First time after hard reset it was still doing the same,without any apps installed.Performed a hard reset again and all seems good now , or at least I think, busy installing my apps now.Thanks.
MrHardlight
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
You're welcome 😊
0 Likes
Biplane
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

After upgrading to Android 12 my A71 microphone only works with telephone call. All other functionality like Google assistant, voice recorder, voice messaging in Telegram and Whatsapp are off. Before the factory reset, which I did 3 times now, this functionality at least was of low sensitivity, when I shouted into the mic it worked, a kind of. But after factory reset these functionalities are completely off, so only phone calls can be made with the microphone. So technically the microphone is working and all permissions are set correctly. Any idea??

0 Likes
apadron1304
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I'm facing that troubleshooting too, but some different, Im using my phone normally, and from. A moment to another, the microphone doesn't work anymore in any aplications, and sometimes I can't hear the people talking through the calls and I need to restart the phone, sometimes even four times during the day, I have done a factory reset, and the problem persists,  I have download the firmware, install it, and the problem persists

0 Likes