Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy A33 5G battery

(Topic created on: 09-19-2022 04:42 PM)
Floyd990
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Should the batter life of the Galaxy A33 5G be so bad? I can't even go half a day without charging the phone. I thought this would be fixed after the first month of using the phone as the battery was learning my usage patterns. But it's actually not getting better. The standby time is terrible, the worst. I was using Galaxy A51 in 2021, and its battery was alright. And it's not the 90hz refresh rate on the A33 5G, because the batter is the same with 60hz
5 Comments
Galaxy A
I think a big factor is the screen refresh rate. Mine is on at 120Hz, and it barely lasts the day; when I switch to 60Hz it can go much longer.
0 Likes
Floyd990
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Let me try switching to 60Hz. I like the higher refresh rate, I notice the difference
0 Likes
Galaxy A
But here are a few other tips:
- Enable Protect Battery. It will cap your battery at 85%, since charging more than this apparently shortens the lifespan slightly. (Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > More Battery Settings > Protect Battery)

- If Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC, Mobile Hotspot is not being used, rather switch them off.

- I never get to use it, but 5G also drains Battery insanely quickly. Switching to LTE for everyday use is just fine (Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > change from '5G/LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) to the same one without the 5G)

- Using Dark Mode also saves Battery, if you set it to automatically go dark at night that'll save Battery.

- Lastly, check which apps use Battery excessively. Ones that promise to 'increase battery capacity' are fakes, they drain battery. Also the apps that use location a lot, they drain a lot.

If none of these worked, then before you take it in, do the Battery Diagnostic in this same app. Otherwise, I would not know.
0 Likes
Floyd990
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
I use dark mode all the time. I don't use 5G at all, the coverage in my area is still hit and miss. Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC amd Mobile Hotspot are off when not in use. I don't download apps that promise to prolong my battery, they do the opposite and drain it faster. I'll do the Battery Diagnostic first
0 Likes
DatGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
If you're using Data instead of WiFi in a place that has terrible connection, your phone will usually "seek" for better signal all the time. This is one factor of battery drain people don't talk about.

Another is that a few years ago, a few companies did app power drain tests and discovered that Facebook and Messenger were huge battery hogs. If you use them, I'd suggest keeping Messenger and using FB on Chrome. In fact, check what apps use battery the most, this could probably help you figure out what's wrong.

Put apps to sleep if you already haven't: Settings > Battery & Device Care > Background usage limits > Put unused apps to sleep.

Android 12 seems to be wonky with battery life too since Google updated the whole UI and struggled to optimize it. A13 is said to be better.

Clean the phone once a week and also restart it once a week since it operates similar to PCs these days. Don't close the apps you use the frequently often. Closing apps frequently forces the phone to restart the app every time and that drains battery too. Close apps you use once in a while and keep apps that you'll use in a couple of minutes to an hour open and then you can close them all at night or if your phone feels sluggish.

Lastly, if you're still not satisfied, this is where we get super technical. There is a Galaxy Phone debloater on the XDA developer website that can help you get rid of apps that cannot be uninstalled on your phone that could drain battery. You'll need to some research and it may be rewarding as I've seen from those who've used it BUT... huge DISCLAIMER here, you are liable for anything that does go wrong with the phone. It's one of those high risk high rewards. Frankly, I get decent battery life not to do it but if you want to venture into that space, by all means...
0 Likes