Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy A02 (SM-A022F/G/M) Android 12

(Topic created on: 10-30-2022 08:57 AM)
fritzherc
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A

With only 1 day left in October (2022) it is time for Galaxy A02 owners to accept the inevitable. This device has not been updated to Android 12. Nor will it ever be updated. While Samsung spends time, people and resources on updating the S6, Note 4 and the Galaxy Grand Prime (my friends Grand Prime got an update last night). It is obvious that Samsungs update priorities are severely out of whack. They perform an update for a handful of users, while completely ignoring the millions of users of the A02. They made a written promise for July. They should have kept that promise. Now going on our 4th month of not being updated. If you look on the official Samsung website you have to scour it to actually find the A02. You can contact Samsung just to hear 'We will not update a device before it is due', well guess what it was due in July 'it will get the update' Well when? Because your clients want answers, silence right now when new device line ups are coming out is definitely the wrong direction . Now that it obvious that Android 13 has come to Samsung, we A02 owners have been cast aside again and again. With no word from Samsung on what is going on.  It will be November 2022 in 1 more day, every day that passes without this update is just plain wrong on every level and shows a complete lack of integrity. Making Samsungs promises nothing more than lies.

3 Comments
fritzherc
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Lastly I want to say that for the year this phone sold in. It made the top 10 most sold phones. Selling 18.3 million phones. Only second to the A12 which also sold more units. Samsung clearly wants to make an ecosystem. But when you treat your second most sold phone and it's consumers as low priority. In favor of other models then you do not retain these customers. I say to those A02 owners, we are not low priority, we helped put Samsung on the map. Start contacting your relevant consumer rights agencies. Do not accept update policies like this anymore. You don't accept it for your computer, which is an investment. You should consider your phone/mobile the same way. Written October 31, 2022 and still no update to be found.

fritzherc
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

With only 7 weeks left for these devices to officially get Android 12 and none of them receiving it. There is no hint or clue that it will ever come. A user manual I can make from other devices it not a promise. In January 2023 Samsung can officially drop the model without ever delivering Android 12. This is not outside the schedule, just plain neglect on Samsungs part. I say update us like you promised. 

0 Likes
harisribato4
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

A 02 s

0 Likes