Original topic:

Front camera offset centre in whatsapp

(Topic created on: 12-25-2021 09:15 PM)
Amichae1
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

When I take a photo in WhatsApp with the front lens, the photo moves to the left. 

Although this only happens in WhatsApp, it doesn't happen on any other of my otjer brand phones,  just mine and my brothers who owns the same model as me ,  Samsung A52S..

I can't believe this is an isolated.

Please Help...

12 Comments
Allllllll
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

I too have had this issue for a few months now.

you frame the picture on WhatsApp and hit send, the picture then zooms out a bit, from the RHS and goes a bit out of focus.  It is this picture that WhatsApp send. Front and back cameras. Clearing camera cache has no effect.

0 Likes
Maar10
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Same problem here with Oppo 74. I guess it's a WhatsApp issue, not a specific brand of phone. For me the only time it happens is in portrait mode, not in landscape. It seems to have to do with the aspect ration that WhatsApp is trying to force.

There are lots of reports on the web, including 'fix it' videos. None of them worked for me (so don't bother reinstalling or clearing cache).

The only workaround I've found: take a picture with the normal camera app and attach it to your WhatsApp message. Annoying, but it works.

0 Likes
Maar10
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Received the following reply from WhatsApp today:

Hi,  

Thanks for your message.   

We're aware of the issue and are working on fixing it in a future update of WhatsApp.

0 Likes