Original topic:

Excessive Battery Drain and Heating Issue in Samsung Galaxy A50

(Topic created on: 04-23-2020 12:29 PM)
TasmayHolkar
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
After the One UI 2.0 Android 10 update I am facing a very excessive battery drain on my A50 smartphone. The battery falls from 100 to below 90 in no time and also during normal usage like Apps Opening or web browsing the Handset tends to get heat up very quickly. Any solution??
0 Likes
8 Comments
Rahulpr
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
future updates will resolve this.wait with hope.
0 Likes
TasmayHolkar
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
yeah....... we can only hope for the best
0 Likes
DhruvNath
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
After the major android 10 update... first backup your data and then try formatting your phone... it might help
0 Likes
TasmayHolkar
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Ok
0 Likes
mohseeeen
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
future updates will resolve it
Tip- Don't update your mobile directly after getting the update wait for a while until others get to know about the issue in the new update.
0 Likes
TasmayHolkar
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
absolutely right. from now on I will not directly jump in and update my phone I will wait for some time and check the reviews. after that I will update my phone.
Galaxy A
Check on safe mode
0 Likes
Samsung_Support4
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned step to resolve the issue:

1. Perform Battery Optimization:- Battery optimization helps you to boost the battery performance of your device.
To check battery optimization:- Settings > Select Device Maintenance/Device Care > Optimize >

Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory

2. Kindly turn off the smart features of the device and other connectivity features (like advance feature and Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc.) when not in use, which will eventually help you to reduce battery power consumption). Follow the below steps to turn off: Swipe down on the home screen to open notification panel> Tap on Bluetooth, hotspot, etc. to turn off

3. Device network fluctuation:- Kindly check whether mobile network fluctuates frequently or network signal is low in your area. In both cases battery will drain considerably fast. We recommend you to avoid usage in area with low network/fluctuation.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > click on “+“icon > send feedback > error report/ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes