Original topic:

Device Restarts automatically when try to connect to pendrive.

(Topic created on: 04-17-2020 10:59 AM)
Sachin-S20FE
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy A
After updating to android 10 My device restarts automatically when i connect my pendrive. And it takes too much time to restart. 
Same pendrive i used before on same device so many times and frequently. 
And the same pendrive connect normally to my Samsung j2 device with fully functional. 
I have tried another pendrive to connect but same problem. 
Due to lockdown period I don't want try more times because any problem occurred i can't get it repaired . 

Full information(what happening):- when I connect pendrive to device it shows connected. When I open the pendrive files it shows nothing. But it shows size of pendrive, free size and occupied size. At the same time I checked my device internal storage files it also shows nothing. Same as per pendrive. Then i removed the pendrive from device and the device get restarted. 
             This is happening now so here I stopped use of pendrive. After lockdown I will try to connect and further checkup. 
       My device is Samsung A9 2018 .
Your comment please. 
5 Comments
Galaxy A
Agreed... i am also facing the same issue... my device is also A9 (2018)..
Sachin-S20FE
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Did you write about it to Samsung?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Not yet, but i will write today...
0 Likes
Sachin-S20FE
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
problem solved after updating to security patch level 1 June 2020
on 3/7/2020
0 Likes
RakshitChopra18
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I was facing the same issue with my Samsung mobile. It kept restarting when ever the pendrive was mounted to the mobile. The issue in my case was that the pendrive format was NTFS which i had to reformat to FAT(32) for it to work. Then it started working properly.

0 Likes