Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Battery drain issue after Android 13?? - Android 14 is the solution!!

(Topic created on: 01-14-2023 05:47 PM)
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
Yeah, that's right. I used to get 10 hours of SOT(Screen On Time) on Android 11 on my A52s5g. After the Android 12 update, it became 8 hours. Then, I became disappointed because a software update is supposed to improve the device and here I was having decreased battery life. Now, I realized how good was Android 11.

Recently, I updated to Android 13 and now the battery life further decreased to 5 hours from 8.
This made me realize how good was Android 12!!

So, keeping with the trend, I am pretty sure that Android 14 will completely destroy the battery life. And that will make us feel so good about the Android 13!!. So wait for Android 14 and don't update, you will feel so good about the Android 13 update then.😝😝

This is how Samsung does things - make older phones useless and pathetic with updates so that the newer releases will "appear" like massive improvements, degrade devices with each update so that the previous version of the software will look good, etc.

Samsung - here updates mean downgrade!

Nb: All mentioned SOTs are from 100 to 20 percent. 
The decrease in battery life is not due to the battery getting older because these reductions are drastic after the update. Like yesterday I was getting 8 hours and today after the update I am getting 5 hours kinda drastic. 

6 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SKV-F235G
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
Yes I agree with you

View solution in context

Solution
Kunal2
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
Yes here updates means downgrade 😅

View solution in context

Solution
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Many a times Upgrade also means Downgrade 🤣🤣 Who knows After 1UI5.1 S22ULTRA may be upgraded in same way 😂😂..In my Journey from 2018 from N8 then N9 & now S22ULTRA Seen lot of same type of Upgrades 😂😂

View solution in context

Solution
rohans69
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Better use 5G after Getting optimised on all locations and samsung coping up with it.
My device drains like nuts bonkers.
Samsung fast charging is bleep nuts.Even if I plug a 67W charger it chargers only at 25W.
SOT while using 5G is 3hrs flat.

View solution in context

Solution
DragonCrusher
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I did a reset few months back and there was an improvement in battery life. But the thing is, there is serious lack of quality in the updates.

View solution in context

Solution
mHappiee
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Hmmmmm... 🤔
In my A51 I am getting ~5 hrs SOT ... phone is around 1.2 years old
And I haven't updated to A13

View solution in context

18 Comments
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Actually jio did me so bad. I wouldn't have updated if not for the jio 5g welcome offer. Those fools send me the welcome offer making me think that our area also has 5g coverage now. So to get the dàmn 5g I updated the phone even after knowing that Samsung scréws the devices with updates. Now, I updated to this poor version and guess what, jio was also nuts!! There is no freaking 5g in my area. Now I end up with this scréwed up phone and no 5g either..wot TF man, wot TF!!
Solution
SKV-F235G
Expert Level 2
Galaxy A
Yes I agree with you
rohans69
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Jio is not a fool, when I was in Jio they did send me invite even though I was not in a 5G zone,it depends on software Update and 5G processors IMEI etc.

TRY to use 5G if possible,its available in Kochi and Trivandrum and some other areas too for Jio.

I used Jio and Airtel 5G ,my battery is draining like nuts,bonkers and what not.
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Bro, I am living in Pathanamthitta and there is no 5g here. I don't know why they are continuously calling and messaging me regarding the welcome offer.
0 Likes
Solution
rohans69
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Better use 5G after Getting optimised on all locations and samsung coping up with it.
My device drains like nuts bonkers.
Samsung fast charging is bleep nuts.Even if I plug a 67W charger it chargers only at 25W.
SOT while using 5G is 3hrs flat.
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Yeah, man, the lack of fast charging makes things worse. Around 2 hours of charging time is bonkers in 2023. My cousin's realmegt masters edition takes merely 20 minutes to fully charge. If that was the case, less battery backup wouldn't have troubled me much.
rohans69
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
While using 5G the device heats up fast which affects peak brightness,makes me feel like I am using LCD DISPLAY.

When heated up OneUI behaves like a child and camera looses consciousness,when I click shutter button,it freezes,all I can do is make the shutter button float all over.
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Oh, this heating issue wasn't there while using 4g, right?
0 Likes
rohans69
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Yes and the heating is much faster compared to 4G.
Data speeds are sky high.

Nowadays I only have 1 sim in my device,if you insert 1 more sim (ie 5G and 4G sim) then you can guess the battery life.
I don't use dual sim nowadays cause my device behaves like an iPhone 6 plus (2 hr SOT).