Original topic:

A71 Yellowish Tint

(Topic created on: 07-12-2020 04:54 AM)
theforgottenone
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

Users of A71, how many of you are facing the yellowish tint problem at low brightness levels (5%-15%) ? This issue is more pronounced on grey backgrounds like whatsapp and playstore. Even after updating to oneui 2.1 today, the tint issue still persists.

Also can someone at samsung look into this issue and issue the fix for the same? This tint gets so annoying when viewing the screen at night with low brightness.

16 Comments
Zahiessam
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

I had the exact same problem out of the box, I'm still hoping it's a software issue cause many users reported it even after uint replacement or screen replacement.

Don't even know if it's gonna be fixed 

0 Likes
Immortaldistress
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Just took my very first pics with my brand new phone & it has this same stupid issue! One of the reasons I picked this phone is because it was supposed to take great, life-like pics.

0 Likes
RodPhillips
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Yes every picture I have taken with my new phone is yellow. I chose this phone specifically for picture taking and if it's an ongoing problem I really have to send it back. I operate 4 businesses here and pictures are my life line to customers. If everything is going to be yellow I cannot have this? is there going to be a fix thru a software update? I have only had my phone for 6 days now and need to know quickly so I do not run out of the return time frames. 

0 Likes
MarcusAurelios
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

My wife has the exact same issue, it has to be a fault as we both bought the A71 at the same time and mine is fine and hers has the yellowish photo. We have played with the filters and to somewhat using other filters other than the original makes it better so to me it seems the settings on the original filter must be off? My wife chose this model specifically for the camera so really need this to be fixed.  

0 Likes
IAN3
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

A71 AND A51 HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. ANDROID 11 HAS A HIDDEN SETTING CALLED AMBIENT DISPLAY THAT CAN BE TURNED ON OR OFF IN AN APP CALLED SYSTEM UI TUNER(SHORTCUT) IN PLAY STORE. TRY USING THAT. SAMSUNG HIDES THIS BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHY.

0 Likes
GoyongJr
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

It started just this September 05, 2021. My A71 is always updated and it was recently last week of August I had the software update. When using my A71, the screen suddenly turns yellowish then after a while it turns back to normal colors and display, it happens frequently. It is usually calibrated at 0-20% brightness and it really affects the experience of having a good display. I am not using the blue light filter or the eye comfort shield and i checked it not being active but the problem still occurs. I tried to google it but it always lead me to settings but there is no setting for that specific problem then I saw this post. It is most likely a defect, a factory fault or software error for Samsung. Any solutions?

0 Likes
DinaLourem
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Same for me too. This happens after updating. Any solutions?
0 Likes