Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A55 updates

(Topic created on: 08-05-2024 01:52 PM)
Ezyness
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
I read around about some regions having received may security updates and other regions already getting July security patches. Since I bought my phone I never received any system updates at all. I'm still on February security patch that came with the phone. So how does updates on Samsung works?

Ezyness
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Please do update how you went.
0 Likes
Keaton
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
How did it go?
0 Likes
GhostLukhs
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
It went south very quickly. According to them, Samsung is aware of the issue and working on it when they release their next update. Hopefully, it will address that - no guarantee. They don't deem the issue as warrantee-related, as it can be resolved with coming updates. Their biggest bet is on UI 7 and Android 15. This phone will most likely get towards the end of the year if not early 2025. So as for security patch updates, we can only hope they get it sorted
Keaton
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
**bleep** man. If Samsung is aware of the issue as they say, then they're taking very long to address it as off now. It's a long shot to say that we should expect One UI 7 because internationally, the A55 has received its updates. Apart from this thread, I seldom see complaints from SA and globally about our software situation.
Although i did do so digging as turns out, A55's with model number starting with A556E and A555B have received the updates. My model number starts with A556E but ends with AB. So I'm assuming if your model is the same or similar then collectively we could expect One UI 7. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻
Thanks for the update man!20240805_114329_1000068947_1722851024.jpg20240805_114225_1000068946_1722850956.jpg
0 Likes
GhostLukhs
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Respond from Samsung SA Live chat support
0 Likes
GhostLukhs
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
"it's unusual for a phone purchased in June to have such an old security patch. There could be several reasons for this:

Delayed update rollout: sometimes there are delays in the software update rollout process for specific models or regions. Carrier restrictions: if you are using a carrier-locked phone, the carrier might have it's own approval process for software updates, which can cause delays.

Device-specific issues: there might be specific issues with you device preventing it from receiving updates
0 Likes
Keaton
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Hard to tell which issue it could be because its affecting a minority of owners. Really wanna know what's the real issue here. My phone is carrier unlocked so that's not an issue. It's either a delayed rollout or a device specific issue
0 Likes
GhostLukhs
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I was tempted to do a factory reset to see if it would not fix the but to go through that admin and end up with the results is not worth it.

Will wait and see if the upcoming UI 6.1.1 doesn't fix this. Frustrating but not worth the energy and time
0 Likes
Keaton
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Yeah true buddy it's not worth the time. Just did a text chat with a rep and was advised again to wait it out until an update is available. I guess that's all we can do now until we upgrade
0 Likes
GhostLukhs
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
New update with circle search, vivid slider and August security patch was released today - if we don't get this one then there's no hope 🤣
0 Likes