Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A55 updates

(Topic created on: 08-02-2024 07:49 AM)
Ezyness
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
I read around about some regions having received may security updates and other regions already getting July security patches. Since I bought my phone I never received any system updates at all. I'm still on February security patch that came with the phone. So how does updates on Samsung works?

Neolyn
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Yes you will have to wait. Your phone is Carrier Locked.
0 Likes
Ezyness
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Mine is not because I bought it through. Take a lot.
0 Likes
GhostLukhs
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
My phone is not locked and I'm still on February patch. Apparently it's network-dependent regardless. I'm using Cell C which means will get it after 5 years 🤣🤣
0 Likes
Ezyness
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
😄
0 Likes
Keaton
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Same here with me. I visited incredible connection this weekend and all the A55's were on the July update. So I queried with Samsung and apparently A55's with our batch number or IMEI number will receive the update just not when we expect. Which is confusing because people on MTN with an A55 but a different IMEI number than my phone probably have gotten all the previous updates.
So I guess we wait until Samsung finds a solution
GhostLukhs
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
It's now August and still have yet to get the update. Still on February patch
Ezyness
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Same here. It's very unfair, especially when Sumsung promised monthly security updates.
0 Likes
GhostLukhs
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Frustrating as 2 of my colleagues receive updates as scheduled. Phones were delivered the same day, same carrier. Apparently there's an issue with certain IMEI and batch numbers
0 Likes
Ezyness
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Maybe we should visit the 2-year warranty clauses because I believe failure to provide security updates poses risk to our personal data. We should have the right to return the devices if the issue here is IMEI related. We are within 2 years, so I guess. We should have our devices replaced
0 Likes
GhostLukhs
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
A55 - 8/256. I'm visiting Samsung at Vodaworld tomorrow - this is unacceptable