Original topic:

A50 with two sim cards. Random problems

(Topic created on: 04-27-2022 10:09 PM)
jswan
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

When I use two sim cards I get strange effects depending on how they are configured affecting MESSAGING and WIFI CALLING:

In MESSAGING the "group message" option is missing altogether. I turn off the second sim card and the option reappears and is set as I had it (i.e. turned "on"). I then re-enable the second card and it continues to work for a while. When it fails, I repeat the process to fix it.

In WIFI CALLING: with both sim cards on and with the options "Messages" and "Mobile data" both set to the first card, wifi calling does not work. If I set "Mobile data" to the second card, wifi calling works fine using the account associated with the first sim card.

And if that isn't complicated enough, when "mobile data" is set to the second chip, the multimedia messages don't automatically download, even though the option is set. When I change "mobile data" back to the first sim card, auto-downloading works fine.

The first card is the one from t-mobile in the US. The second card is set to a local carrier here in Costa Rica.

Any ideas???

1 Comment
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would like to inform you that the products manufactured in different countries may vary in features, specifications, designs, and warranty guidelines.

So, we would recommend you to get connected with the Samsung customer support team of the respective country you have bought your product from, with the below-mentioned details for better and prompt assistance.

1) Product Details.
2) Serial Number.
3) Contact Number.
4) Complete Address.
5) Issue.

Here are the details: https://www.samsung.com/p

Thank you for writing to Samsung.
Warm regard,
Samsung customer support

0 Likes