Original topic:

#innovationlab! Bixby routines no longer auto detect sleep and wakeup

(Topic created on: 02-05-2021 08:26 AM)
NamanVasudeva
Active Level 4
Options
Bixby
This used to be the best feature of bixby routines for me. This helped save a lot of battery life and that too without any hassles. The device used to detect when I sleep and turn off settings that consume battery. However now there is no option to auto detect it asks for a time which can vary for me hence making bixby routines essentially useless for me. This happened after oneui 3.0 update and seems like going backwards in terms of features
2 Comments
ermesmox
Beginner Level 3
Bixby

Hi, I just noticed this change! I already had the new OneUI 3 on my S21, so I suppose it's a Routines app update.

It happened after that I reset the smartphone and the routines I had, so I wonder what is happening to the people that have some rules already set with auto "wake up" and "sleep"! Maybe their routines stop working properly?

So strange, anyway, it doesn't seem to make much sense... in particular for people that uses wearables that detect wake up and sleep times with good precision (at least enough for routines that optimise battery and AOD and similar).

0 Likes
JarneF
Beginner Level 2
Bixby

I don't believe that they removed it during an update.
I send my phone to the repair service over a month ago since it didn't want to boot up anymore.
I got it back and my phone was still able to use the auto-detect.

Long story short, they didn't fix the problem so I had to send it back.
Now since I got it back I am no long able to use the auto-detect.

0 Likes