0 Likes
eaglegold
Active Level 2
Others
Yeah, colour pallets are really cool...
wehavehope
Active Level 1
Others
Same, was really surprised considering we usually get updates months later in SA
eaglegold
Active Level 2
Others
Lol, I guess we have lost faith in Samsung Africa...but then again this time they did us justice...
wehavehope
Active Level 1
Others
Don't think it's Samsung SA though, it's these ISPs that delay our updates because as far as I know they get the updates first, add their bloatware or optimise it to suit them and then send it out to us, that's why it's always best to get unlocked phones
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Others
Samsung south africa is basically just a shipping company, no involvement, I think they just comment now and then that they dont loose their franchise license with samsung korea.
eaglegold
Active Level 2
Others
Interesting, so all our phones bought through the RSA leading network providers are locked?
wehavehope
Active Level 1
Others
I wouldn't say "locked" perse because that just means you can't use another ISP's sim card on a locked phone,and sometimes that is the situation, but in essence it's sort of "locked" (for lack of a better word) to a specific carrier meaning they have control on when you get updates and able to add their apps on your device. To avoid this you buy a global version of a phone
0 Likes
eaglegold
Active Level 2
Others
Oh okay, I get you...
0 Likes