Original topic:

Economy

(Topic created on: 12-27-2023 02:02 PM)
overgaming
Active Level 8
Options
Others
  This economy Is daylight robbery   
Why the he'll is electronics so expensive in South Africa rand is opposed to be 14 zar to dollar not 18,47 
0 Likes
6 Comments
overgaming
Active Level 8
Others
I don't understand
0 Likes
LebeseP
Active Level 6
Others
The reason why the price of electronics are not a direct conversion of the rand to dollar exchange rate is because of a lot of factors, such as import tax & inflation as well, for instance the S23 Ultra is 1200$ which if we convert @ R18.49 would mean we were supposed to be buying it for R22 192, but as we all know the S23 Ultra launched @R35 000, which I think is pretty absurd, but I have a basic understanding as to why it's that price, but still doesn't justify why such a huge jump
overgaming
Active Level 8
Others
I feel like us south Africans are being robbed because everything so expensive
0 Likes
overgaming
Active Level 8
Others
The solution to this problem Samsung ,Sony Dell,Microsoft, apple all need to start up electronic assembly lines here in South Africa this will make it easy for South Africa to afford them since they won't be expensive
0 Likes
Tomatoe
Active Level 5
Others
What's the story behind the Rand manipulation headline that was trending on the news recently?
overgaming
Active Level 8
Others
Apparently the banks are messing with the exchange rates in order to stop funding. Government departments that why it going up and not down