Original topic:

Wi-fi calling = VoWIFI

(Topic created on: 05-19-2020 01:57 PM)
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
Dear Community manager,

I have S9+ bought from Dubai, I was able to use Wi-fi calling outside UAE.
NOW, when I called Etisalt customer service , they said the Wifi Calling is active for my sim card, however, I can't see the icon or the option for WIFI CALLING.
kindly advise, if the wifi calling is supported by Samsung in the UAE or not.

Thank you.
0 Likes
7 Comments
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I called Samsung customer service center, they said, Samsung has no partnership agreement with Etisalat to support wifi calling.
however, all IOS 13.4 devices are supporting the Wifi calling!!!
0 Likes
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I have a sim card not from the UAE, and wifi calling is available and the operator for this sim card is etisalat.
0 Likes
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
another update from Etisalat team:

" So please check with the device provider we have the infrastructure for it but you might need to check with Samsung its devices support it. We surely provide it for Iphone devices now. But not all the Andriod devices support this service. What Etisalat can be sure of the all apple devices with iOS version 13.4 or above support the VoWiFi ."
0 Likes
Samsung_ZfwkWZ8
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I am using Samsung Note 9 and my friend is using Samsung Note 10, both are using SIM from Etisalat.  WIFICalling option is working for me as well as for my friend. If you are not seeing the WIFI calling option in UAE, please call Samsung Call center , they may provide the  OS patch update for your mobile (This was the same case of friend of me, Samsung supported for fixing his WIFI calling feature)

0 Likes
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
thank you for your reply.

did you purchase your phone from UAE?
0 Likes
Ahmed6
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
here is samsung customer service reply

SmartSelect_20210110-084549_Email_115465.jpg

0 Likes
TheRealOneS
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I have the wifi calling option enabled when I insert an Etisalat sim but when I insert the du sim this does not work so it's probably from du's side. I still have no idea how this works yet. My A20 has this option after the android 10/11 update but my note 8 is on its last os which is android 9 and it doesn't have wifi calling.

0 Likes