Original topic:

Waterproof

(Topic created on: 06-29-2016 09:59 PM)
Aluna
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I am writing you about the problem of waterproof of Samsung Galaxy 7s edge(duos)
I bought my smartphone Samsung 7s edge(duos) 1 month ago. One week ago I made some photoes in the sea during the swimming and ofcourse my phone was wet. After some time I could not charge my phone, because phone was showing the massage " can not be charged, water inside". But in all your advertising you show that this phone is waterproof and even in the shop were massage about waterproof of this phone. So how it can be that there is water inside and I can not charge my phone. And this problem is already one week. And the main reason why I bought this phone is waterproof of it, but it is not true. So I really disappointed of Samsung company, a specially of this phone. I will not choose Samsung againe.
I am waiting for your answer and solution of this problem.
I bought my phone in United Arab Emirates , Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi Mall,  " Virgin" megastore.
6 Comments
mackoy
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
correction. water resistance not waterproof.
before buying something make sure you know what you are buying.
s7 is an ip68 - meaning ingress protection for dust and water.
but not for sea water/alcohol etc..
samsung made s7 a water resistance phone incase of accendental spill of water/rain or drop in swimming pool.
but there is a limitation.
it can only hold the protection up to 30mins under water with a height of 1.5meter.

now compare to normal water, sea water composed with different kinds of chemical ion.

expect that your device will be spoiled after using under the sea.

Spongeduck
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
it will dry on its own after ~1hr, just wait, anr after your phone gets exposed to water its normal for the speakers to not work properly, just incase you didnt know
0 Likes
yousaf
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
this phone is amazing but you have to understand how to play with it I use this phone in a sea under water for photoshoot then I wash my phone with normal water then i wait for one hour until my phone get dry and I start charging and using everything it was months ago
aramis
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
@mackoy, you nailed it.
Meherjan
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
You will only get community answers over here. I suggest you call the store and make use of your insurance.

Before that, you should know that Samsung never advertised this to be used in the Sea. It can be used for up for 1.5 meters in clean water such as a pool.

Just preparing you for answers you might get from Samsung.

Try keeping it in a bag of rice.
0 Likes
MrFadi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
i took a few pictures on the beach, sea water slightly reached the phone and the phone would not charge by USB for 4 days.

Now after 10 days of the incident the phone charges but not all the time. it suddenly loses connectivity to the charger.

the phone has a problem for sure. the service center assured me that the phone is still in perfect condition and does not need any repairs.

what could be the reason behind the disconnection? assuming that the charger and cable are perfect.
0 Likes