Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Myvphone is not showing the number of new unread messages in S21
7 Comments
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Is it showing numbers on the message app icon? Please check this, Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > App icon badges > Number.clipboard_image_1627648533231_1627648533231.jpg
0 Likes
Ado
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It's numberSmartSelect_20210730-182631_Settings_68937.jpg
0 Likes
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Please try resetting 'message' app after backup.
Go to Settings > Accounts and backup > Backup data (under Samsung account) > Select 'messages' Only > Finish backup.
After that,
Goto Settings > Apps > Messages > Storage > Clear cache > Clear Data.
Now restore your messages again.
(Settings > Accounts and backup > Restore (under samsung account) > Select 'messages' only > Restore.
Hope this solves your issue.
Ado
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I found something weird but fixed my problem.. I found new apps wz the same name of "Messages" the unused one was the one from Google and it shows the number of unread sms as normal ..

I don't know anything about the other App and why it was set as a default in the home screenSmartSelect_20210731-181943_Finder_69053.jpg
yho
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
One is from samsung.
And the other is from google.
MohammedSijah
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi, I have already noticed some difference in your first screenshot itself, but thought that it will be some new updates for the flagship device.
That app might come through some restoration. You can uninstall it. To change the default app, Goto Settings > Apps > Choose default apps > SMS app. (The second app in your screenshot is the original one) Thank you.
Ourboysx3
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I had the exact same issue, my messages icon was no longer showing the number of unread messages, and I wasn't getting any notification sounds. I researched it, and I tried a ton of different solutions for both of the issues as well. None of them worked.

It ended up fixing itself when I restarted the phone. I guess I should have thought of that first? 😆 

0 Likes