Additional Phone Security

(Topic created on: 06-08-2019 11:16 AM)
Gabe
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi Community, 

I hope you're all well. 
I recently had my s9plus stolen, and the thief was able to turn my phone off and in was unable to track it.
Mg phone had more than 50% charge, and if it was on I would have found it.
Samsung has been unable to track my phone since then.

I want Samsung to add a security feature to all samsung phones that disables the power off/restart function when the phone is locked by the user.

This will allow vital time track and fine our phones if lost or stolen. 

My s9 was a fabulous phone and sadly it was lost forever due to a very simple and easy by pass to all the layers of security samsung have put on the premium phones. 

10 Comments
Sahaxp
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Very sad
Gabe
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
the sad part is...it has been sold for parts since the thief knows it can be tracked with imei. and I had it for 3 months..samsung just said, sorry, cant help. life must go on.thanks brav. push for this addition.
0 Likes
aramis
Active Level 10
Galaxy S

Good suggestion. FMM feature should have this that the owner can lock the device and disable the power button. 

Gabe
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
yes. agreed. imagine the time and money saved when you loose a phone. push for this addition. I'm sure it's a very simple add. thanks brav.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
It's already available dear, you can disable the power button.
0 Likes
starmoon
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
no doubt this feature will secure the phone Samsung must think about it
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Samsung included this feature from Note4 onwards dear. You can disable the power button.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I have reported this issue to samsung 4 months ago. They replied me that this feature to switch off phone and reset it with out password is required for developmental purpose and they can't remove this option. 😁😁😁😁
But the option to disable power button is available from Note 4 onwards. To activate this, immediately login to Samsung's find my device option and select the option lock. When you lock the phone remotely, power button also will be disabled. Check the screenshot for details.
Gabe
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
thanks mittuvichu. but the feature to make the power button redundant when the home screen has been locked my user is not available.
you are referring to something totally diffurent.
I'm my case, when my phone was stolen it was off in minutes. there was no time to look for a device to log in and lock the phone.
hence my suggestion. If I could have the feature added as a security function, I would have found my phone with in a hours time.
there has to be a way to save premium phones from complete loss.
Samsung is smart enough to come up with a way to allow developers the ability to reset the phone without use of the power button.
0 Likes