Highlighted
Abullutof
Active Level 1
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and I am trying to upgrade the software to the latest security patch (released 1 September 2019).

I have tried to restart the device and putting it off and on several times, but didnt help. 

Tried to startup boot screen "volume up +bixby + power button" cleared the system cache, and didnt work. The notification shows download paused, in system settings it shows 00:00:00 time left when i press on resume download it says "please wait" but nothing happens after. 

Through applications settins/system apps/ software updaye then i forced to stop and cleared memory/ data and cache and still not solved.

5 Comments
Highlighted
DanAnty
Beginner Level 3

Hi,

The same happened to me too.

I was travelling and the signal was weak. After 3 tries my Note 9 told me that it couldn't finish the update.

It is stuck ever since.

Tried emptying the cache partition in recovery mode, doesn't work. 

I also tried to delete cache and other data of the Software Update app. That does not work either. 

I would really appreciate any feedback from Samsung...

Highlighted
DanAnty
Beginner Level 3

Samsung customer service just helped me solve this issue!

Download the Samsung Smart Switch to your Mac or PC. Connect your phone via USB and it will automatically recognize your update. 

I had to restart my phone one more time to debug it, and the program was able to finish the update for the second try.

Highlighted
mikeys4u
Beginner Level 3

I had the same problem with the 1st of October update, downloaded the Smart Switch software to my laptop connected it via USB and it instantly download my new update. Thank you DanAnty...

Highlighted
Community Manager

Please call us on 8002474357 and our customer service team will help you with the issue.

Highlighted
Cindieisme
Beginner Level 2

And what happens if you don't have a pc? I only have my phone and it won't download update, it's doing exactly what is described above. I have a samsung s9 note