Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung free tv

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 12:01 PM)
KazleRoux
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
I am highly disgusted with Samsung. Their promotion is misleading. I bought a Note 20 and am supposed to receive a free Samsung TV. I was told that I need to provide them with an affidavit confirming that I live with my husband as the TV license is in his name. I received no feedback. I called to follow up only to be told I need to contact the SABC to merge my contract with his and pay in a fee of R265.00. I am at a loss for words and extremely disappointed in Samsung. 
9 Comments
Smigo218
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
they are clever with that fine print BS
0 Likes
Isabella0711
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Good Day

I received your email address from one of your consultants on Facebook.

I really hope you can be of some assistance, I am at this point in full doubt in ever purchasing anything from Samsung again.

On the 5 Nov 2020 I purchased a Samsung Note 20 from Vodacom where they had a promotion that the phone comes with a free TV.

I originally bought this product as a gift for my sister, in which Vodacom explained how to redeem the TV, but not telling us that if the TV license is not on my name I will not be able to redeem the TV.

I was very disappointed in receiving a mail back from Samsung stating that my TV License does not match my Invoice and that I have to send through the correct documents and if the TV license is on my
Spouses name you would require an avadavat and Marriage certificate stating that we share a TV licence and that we married.

Now my sister redeemed the voucher with her TV license as she was the one that was going to use it along with the invoice that proofed I paid for the TV. Please see screen copy of this mail marked in Blue.

Dear valued Samsung customer,
thank you for your entry to the
Galaxy Note20 & 32" HD TV
competition.

Unfortunately the name on the proof of payment sent
does not match the ID and or the TV account details on
the SABC website.

Please can you send the right SABC TV license that is
linked to the name on the proof of purchase and ID.

If the TV license is in your spouses name, please send
us an affidavit and proof of marriage.

This is in accordance with SABC TV
License regulations. Refer to page no 6 & 7.

I then send through a second mail with my Invoice once again and all the requested documents for my spouse. I waited a few days and my trouble began all over again,
 I called to find out if y documents was received and once again to my surprise I was told sorry!!! You cannot get the product you paid for as Samsung requires The Purchaser to have
A TV license on their own name that matches the Invoice. I was the told that if I want the TV I need to take out an additional TV license that is on my name and I have to send through
The Invoice, my ID and proof of TV license being on my name…… Witch I did send through on the 28/11/2020.

I then waited a week as per your agent then to follow up again, to my surprise was told that they do have all my documents now, but my TV license and invoice does not match the redeemers
Credentials.
So I was told they now need a invoice from the redeemer that state she bought the phone from Vodacom, I then told your agent how is that now an issue cause the redeemer didn’t buy the product
I did and I am the one paying Vodacom not  my sister, so I am now so furious of being shunt around for the past month that I really have no option to just contact hello peter to expose Vodacom and
Samsung for false advertising and I refuse to pay for something that I did not get and Vodacom has to sort this issue out with Samsung cause I as the client was never told any of this nonsense when
I bought the product, Samsung has now cost me endless phone calls wasting my airtime and wasting my money by having me to take out a TV licence that was not nessesary to begin with, clearly
Samsung service providers does not know the SA law Regarding a TV license “License regulations to pg. 6&7” as per mail received.

I really hope someone at Samsung can guide me in the correct direction as I am now clueless who to speak to anymore and I told your agent that I do not have an Invoice for my siter to match he TV licence
As I was the purchaser of the product not her.

Please can you be so kind as to get back to me regards this as the Verify department is really clueless and they giving Samsung a bad name due to the numerous complaints on social Media.

Attached all my documents for the redeeming of the product I bought. 
MissyWP
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
they told me my documents are fraudulent utter BS
0 Likes
MissyWP
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
i even paid for the tv license
0 Likes
Isabella0711
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Good Day

I received your email address from one of your consultants on Facebook.

I really hope you can be of some assistance, I am at this point in full doubt in ever purchasing anything from Samsung again.

On the 5 Nov 2020 I purchased a Samsung Note 20 from Vodacom where they had a promotion that the phone comes with a free TV.

I originally bought this product as a gift for my sister, in which Vodacom explained how to redeem the TV, but not telling us that if the TV license is not on my name I will not be able to redeem the TV.

I was very disappointed in receiving a mail back from Samsung stating that my TV License does not match my Invoice and that I have to send through the correct documents and if the TV license is on my
Spouses name you would require an avadavat and Marriage certificate stating that we share a TV licence and that we married.

Now my sister redeemed the voucher with her TV license as she was the one that was going to use it along with the invoice that proofed I paid for the TV. Please see screen copy of this mail marked in Blue.

Dear valued Samsung customer,
thank you for your entry to the
Galaxy Note20 & 32" HD TV
competition.

Unfortunately the name on the proof of payment sent
does not match the ID and or the TV account details on
the SABC website.

Please can you send the right SABC TV license that is
linked to the name on the proof of purchase and ID.

If the TV license is in your spouses name, please send
us an affidavit and proof of marriage.

This is in accordance with SABC TV
License regulations. Refer to page no 6 & 7.

I then send through a second mail with my Invoice once again and all the requested documents for my spouse. I waited a few days and my trouble began all over again,
 I called to find out if y documents was received and once again to my surprise I was told sorry!!! You cannot get the product you paid for as Samsung requires The Purchaser to have
A TV license on their own name that matches the Invoice. I was the told that if I want the TV I need to take out an additional TV license that is on my name and I have to send through
The Invoice, my ID and proof of TV license being on my name…… Witch I did send through on the 28/11/2020.

I then waited a week as per your agent then to follow up again, to my surprise was told that they do have all my documents now, but my TV license and invoice does not match the redeemers
Credentials.
So I was told they now need a invoice from the redeemer that state she bought the phone from Vodacom, I then told your agent how is that now an issue cause the redeemer didn’t buy the product
I did and I am the one paying Vodacom not  my sister, so I am now so furious of being shunt around for the past month that I really have no option to just contact hello peter to expose Vodacom and
Samsung for false advertising and I refuse to pay for something that I did not get and Vodacom has to sort this issue out with Samsung cause I as the client was never told any of this nonsense when
I bought the product, Samsung has now cost me endless phone calls wasting my airtime and wasting my money by having me to take out a TV licence that was not nessesary to begin with, clearly
Samsung service providers does not know the SA law Regarding a TV license “License regulations to pg. 6&7” as per mail received.

I really hope someone at Samsung can guide me in the correct direction as I am now clueless who to speak to anymore and I told your agent that I do not have an Invoice for my siter to match he TV licence
As I was the purchaser of the product not her.

Please can you be so kind as to get back to me regards this as the Verify department is really clueless and they giving Samsung a bad name due to the numerous complaints on social Media.

Attached all my documents for the redeeming of the product I bought. 
Mekael
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I ALSO CANT SEEM TO FIND MY TV VOUCHER?
0 Likes
Mekael
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
hi there, I can't seem to claim my TV?
0 Likes
Mekael
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
plz contact me
0 Likes
Kabous1
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
I am just as disgusted! Did an Upgrade on my contract 12 Dec 2020,, just because of the Samsung TV offer, payment on my contract is almost double than what I bargained for. Vodacon store promised that I will receive the TV, as jy phoned Samsungbin my presence. We finished paperwork and claiming process for TV. it states that delivery will take place between 2- 4 weeks after claim is received. towards mid Jan 2021 I contacted the Vodacom shop to enquire about the TV. I got so many different answers. it all boils down to the fact that SAMSUNG wants me to take out a tv licence in my name, as the one we have for our household is in my husband's name. I bought my son a tv last year for Christmas with our tv licence which is in my husband's name. Before that, I bought 2 tv's for my kids with the same tv licence!! When I phoned the SABC they blatantly told me that is a requirement from SAMSUNG and not from them!!!! I asked the Vodacom store to do an experiment and phone SABC to make the same enquiry. They were also told by the SABC that it is SAMSUNG's requirement and not theirs. SABC confirned that they get a lot of calls from customets with the same complaint!!!! Any store where you buy a tv will accept the tv licence for a dpecific premises, what would be the matter with SAMSUNG? It really makes me wonder if SAMSUNG receive any kickback from the SABC, or do you just bot want to honor the commitment that you made to give it away with certain contracts? Why must I spend money on another tv licence, then it is not for free, it will take you years to cancek the new tv licence you take out, as it did me when I got married. The SABC stick to a tv licence like a debt collector stick to clients!! There is alsi nothing like an amalgamated tv licence that SAMSUNG apparently suggested to the Vodacom store, as it is a legally binding document and will be in only one person's name!! I use to have faith in Samsung products, but I will definitely think more tha TWICE in future before I buy your products again!!! You should be ashamed of yourself ripping customersof at a time when the economy is at its worst!! JUST WANTED TO MENTION THAT IT WAS NEVER MENTIONEF IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT A SEPERATE TV LICENCE MUST BE OBTAINED FROM THE ONE ALREADY IN EXISTENCE FOR THE SPECIFIC PREMISES!!!!!
0 Likes