Original topic:

Flawed Tracking Promise

(Topic created on: 10-25-2020 11:49 AM)
Mtumzima
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
This feature doesn't work. I gave my girlfriend my galaxy phone (after buying a new one) but whenever I try to track the same phone it is always offline despite the fact that I'm chatting with her via WhatsApp
0 Likes
3 Comments
Galaxy M
Hi,
I have 5 samsung devices and device tracking is working perfectly fine.
Have you added a Samsung account in the device? Are you sure you have turned on remote tracking? Is the Samsung account still active in the device?
0 Likes
Mtumzima
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
Yes, my account has the two phones (new and the old one). Unless the lady registered the phone with her account, but then at least I should have gotten a notification right? What worries me is until now the phone appears offline while I know for a fact that she's online most of the time
0 Likes
Galaxy M
You won't get any notification if the account is removed from a device. But to remove the account, she need the password of your Samsung account.

One more thing to keep in mind is, when ever you try to locate the device, the device will show a notification that the device is located by find my device. May be the notification alerted her 😁😁Screenshot_20201025-115615_One UI Home.jpg