Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A52s - problem with proximity sensor on whatsapp

(Topic created on: 09-15-2022 12:19 PM)
YolandeMarais
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Can someone please assist. When wanting to listen to a whatsapp voicenote privately, the proximity sensor does not kick in. But when making normal network calls, the proximity sensor does work. Does someone knows whats causing this? Thanks.
7 Comments
Tsogo_sam05
Options
Galaxy A

Hi YolandeMarais

Please Soft reset the phone and try again by press and holding the volume down and power button simultaneously for 20 seconds.

0 Likes
DidiHenn
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
I am having that same problem. I have noticed that the problem is when I am connected to my galaxy watch. When Bluetooth is switched off or disconnected from the watch the proximity sensor does its job. If this makes sense.
YolandeMarais
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thank you so much, I tried it just now, and if my Bluetooth is disconnected from watch, it works... I wonder if they will be fixing this? Thanks DidiHenn!!! Way better answer than Samsung itself!
DidiHenn
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
I hope soon as it is annoying. Glad i could help.
YolandeMarais
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Very annoying right? Especially sitting in an office, receiving confidential voicenotes, and struggling to toggle the volume 😅
0 Likes
chandre_m
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I also turned the Bluetooth off and now it works... I really hope this is looked at with the next update
0 Likes
Lancev11
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I was experiencing the same problem and learned from you guys to switch the Bluetooth off. This is so annoying. Since some time has passed, i just wanted to hear has there been any updates on this or do you still have to switch off your Bluetooth to listen to voicenotes in ear?
0 Likes