Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A54 Has Concerning Heating Issues

(Topic created on: 11-23-2023 09:52 AM)
Sfeziwe
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
I've had this phone a few months now. Started noticing recently that it's been overheating. I'll pick it up from the table and it's just unusually warm. Anyone else having the same issue? Reddit is flooded with similar complaints. People are generally suspecting the Exynos is the cause 
13 Comments
Shadestcm
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I haven't noticed as yet, which apps do you run mostly so i can try to replicate from my side to give feedback.
0 Likes
Sfeziwe
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Most of the time I have YouTube and Spotify in the background, then WhatsApp of course. All social media I kept off the phone to avoid overusing it so it doesn't deteriorate the battery
0 Likes
scotty77
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
You're not the only one. But I'm suspecting that my A54's overheating could be my fault as I bought an adapter from the Pakistani broers instead of buying a proper Samsung adapter...

That adapter would begin heating up within seconds, and I think because of that it may have caused a bit of damaging to either my CPU or my battery.

Or maybe it's just that it's extremely hot lately in Mzansi.
Sfeziwe
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
See I had the thought about the general climate right now as well, maybe it could be that. Lol get an original charger bro, you're going to ruin something. But I'd like to know, does it only heat up when it's charging?
0 Likes
scotty77
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I eventually got an original 45w Samsung adapter. 😂
It did heat up when I was charging with the bootleg adapter I had got, but now, not so much.

Again, I believe the climate also has a lot to do with the phone heating up. 🥲
Ginaldo17
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
That's true and my A54 only gets hot sometimes when playing games for long periods
Sfeziwe
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Yeah mine too. Which I'm okay with, I expect that to happen. But not when it's just sitting, that's the concerning part
0 Likes
Ginaldo17
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Well oneui 6 update has its improvements and let's hope it will improve the A54 performance and heating
0 Likes
Sfeziwe
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
I'm honestly holding out for that hey because I really do like the phone
0 Likes