Original topic:

A52 users ...

(Topic created on: 06-29-2024 11:30 PM)
KRSSRK
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
How's everyone's back panel doing ?

If you fixed the issue, did you go the DIY route or sent your phone in for a service ?

I honestly want to buy the adhesive and new OEM battery and do this myself, that's IF I can find and order the parts within S.A !!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the phone , just needs some TLC now

I've lost faith in Samsung as of late.

My old Sony Xperia M4 Aqua (a IP68 rated device that overheated at times), the adhesive they used withstood those temperatures 

The South Korean tech giant will get what's coming to them for cheapening out🤣 mark my words)

I don't see myself sticking with Samsung, , A55 is nice and all, but no 3.5mm jack

I don't want another thing to charge on a daily 

🫡✌️

5 Comments
tracyyy
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
It popped my screen off... So I got it replaced. Weather alone ended up overheating the (new) glue and dislodging the front camera module. Had to call it as the sunken cost it was... Running an A34 now (unhappily).
0 Likes
KRSSRK
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
the screen ?

HOW ???

Nah that's weird 🤣... If anything , it's these crappy cheap covers that hug onto the phone , but still. That's not supposed to happen

I feel like using a heavy duty glue 🤣 but I'm not doing that.

Might as well get a new phone (that's Samsung's whole stinking plan... But they've lost a loyal one, they doing suspicious business practices if you ask me)
tracyyy
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I wish... But it was a dang expensive case. They're trying to render the phone obsolete. IMHO 💅🏻
KRSSRK
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
In that case 🤧, it's the phone design at fault, I've looked at the phone and yeah, they should've used a stronger adhesive.

If you compare the A53, 54 and current 55 you'll see it's not the same, almost like they knew from their past mistake🧐

To answer your last sentence, you're on the dot. That's exactly what's going on

It doesn't give me much confidence in their current approach with future firmware support cause what's the point of supporting a device for so long , only to nerf it in its final days ?

They not slick
tracyyy
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I have to kick myself now (see my recent post)... What a shame for such a wonderful device that was only incepted out of sheer necessity... Or, financial concerns, ahem.

Shove a Snapdragon processor in a "midrange" phone, prove that it can function, and render it moot slowly but surely (but, also not?) but placing the shiny innards in as "cheaper" shell. What a world...
0 Likes