Did you mean: 

Original topic:

SOFTWARE UPDATES

(Topic created on: 05-08-2020 12:38 PM)
Tinguva
Active Level 1
Options
Consumer Electronics
I have been using Samsung S5, the reason I had to leave it it because it was nolonger updating to the latest software... I had to get an S6 Edge... it also suffered the same fate.
I the moved to S8 Plus. Seemingly it is also faced with the same challenge. 
I also own an iPhone SE, I never stopped using it because it always updates to the latest iOS... now the whole S8 Plus must be disposed because you guys decided that a J7 can have Android 10 but S8 cannot. 
Kindly make it easy for us to remain loyal to your flagship. 

6 Comments
KMMTechSumer
Active Level 5
Consumer Electronics
I got Galaxy Fold a R40k phone and hardly a year old. Still waiting for Android 10, by the way it was promised for April and April came and gone still no update, I'm still running a February security patch in may. If this is how they support their most expensive smartphone, I won't hold my breath for any other Model. It's really disappointing 😔.
0 Likes
Tinguva
Active Level 1
Consumer Electronics
Exactly what I am feeling... I have been using Samsung for quite some years now... but this is my concern with them
0 Likes
KMMTechSumer
Active Level 5
Consumer Electronics
I know some of the responsibilitis lie with the Service Providers, if you have a phone from a specific service provider the provider is responsible for the final release of the software to ensure the phone still functions and compatible with their network. I think this process needs to be streamlined somehow. These phones are not branded Vodacom or MTN etc, So the manufacturer i.e Samsung needs to be responsible for the full LifeCycle of the device.
Tinguva
Active Level 1
Consumer Electronics
I strongly agree with you on this. I had 2 s5 phones... one was using Android 5, while the vodacom one was on Android 6.0 or something...
Tinguva
Active Level 1
Consumer Electronics
Samsung is very smart... they're doing it again. still making sure that S8 family is excluded in the android 10 os
0 Likes
Brandons
Beginner Level 2
Consumer Electronics
I bought Samsung A31 an i can't update my software 😒..can anyone assist me please
0 Likes