I updated my galaxy s8 to android pie yesterday night. Many of the features from oreo are missing.
1. Battery draining is very quick.
2. Takes time to charge phone while fast charging is enabled.
3. I personally prefer device maintenance(oreo), when compared to device care(pie). If they could merge the best of both, that would be great.
4. The night mode of pie is great. But it is not dark enough when compared to themes in oreo.
5. Sound setting and options where better in oreo. Had more customizations.
6. Multi tasking menu is ok for me. Im used to the old version. I like featured of both multi tasking menu.
7. Bixby voice have a lag. Customisations are not user friendly.
8. I like and hate notification panel. But i really like the notifications in pie.
9. Setting and features in camera app have changed. I prefer the oreo version. Some features are missing.
10. Call setting and recording features changed. Third party apps are having problems while recording. One touch answering and rejecting is not found. Increasing ringtone is missing.
11. Camera lost features and modes. I have a feeling that samsung reduced the camera quality or something.
Samsung always like to focus on their new product. Existing users and devices are not their primary or even their secondary focus. In my experience samsung is very poor with updates and support. Crashing old phones will lead to increase in new phone sales huh...