Original topic:

Headphone Jack not detecting any head/earphones!! Update issues?

(Topic created on: 09-18-2020 08:28 AM)
phuzzyday
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Just today..  (Might have been yesterday or the day before)..  My S10+ is no longer aware- it seems- when headphones are plugged in.  The sound is coming from the phone speaker only.  Tried 3 pairs.  Tried Phone app and two audio apps, (Youtube Music and Samsung Music Player).  Cleared cache in Recovery mode.  Shut down for several minutes.  Trying to avoid a system reset, since I did it recently already!!!  When I plug the earphones in, I DO hear a slight 'tick' in them.  They ARE connecting to the socket.

Yes - I actually sell phones for a major carrier.  So I know the routine pretty well.

Makes me wonder if they goofed something up in the firmware updates, since the new devices have no jacks..

And make no mistakes, being an audio guy, I do a lot with USB DACs.  So I wonder if all the switching between Speaker / Headphone/ DAC  /Bluetooth as I use it has gotten it.. stuck or confused somewhere.  

Anyone find this familliar?  I DID find one other mention of it, (https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/earphone-not-detected/td-p/5223886), but that was a month ago, no further updates..

EDIT:  I have also peered down the port with magnification.  Zero signs of damage.

0 Likes
5 Comments
Galaxy S
Hi,
Issue is while using 3.5 mm jack or in Bluetooth and USB DAC as well?
0 Likes
phuzzyday
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Issue is only through headphone jack.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Tied another pair of headsets?
0 Likes
phuzzyday
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I went to great lengths to explain everything I had tried, including THREE pairs.  hoping I wouldn't have to answer those questions.  Yes though.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Please visit a samsung authorized service center. I think the headphone jack need to be replaced.
0 Likes