Original topic:

Apps not updating post A-12 update on S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 12-11-2021 04:30 PM)
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
Hi guys,

I am experiencing a weird issue where some of mine installed apps on S21 Ultra are not updating in play store. I have all the apps downloaded from store only. No side loaded apps. 

I Google the issue and tried every possible way like clearing play store cache, clear data, force stop, disable play store, etc but of no use. 

This issue is with few apps only.

I have contacted their developers now and awaiting there reply. 

Surprisingly, when I uninstalled that app which is not updating then that app was not installing again and giving same error like while updating.

Wiping cache partition through recovery mode also didn't help. 

If someone is facing same issue then pls comment and if someone knows how to solve then pls advise. 

TIA. 

19 Comments
Galaxy S
Go to Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Store and select both Clear data and Clear cache and finally Uninstall updates.  Restart your device, open Google Play Store and try to download the app again.

I had same error like yours but after following the steps above the issue got fixed.
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Dear Ambassador,

Thanks for your reply. But I had tried these steps too which didn't help. However, I tried them now also and it resulted in same.

I even tried side loading this specific app but while installing it gives parsing error which can be occurred if package is not partly downloaded/corrupted/not compatible with OS version. So I think the developer of this app has not yet made this app compatible with android 12. But it was working well post my S21 Ultra android 12 update. But was not updating hence I uninstalled and now it is not installing again. Screenshot_20211212-065558_Google Play Store_85656_1639281358.jpg
Galaxy S
Have you also tried wiping data/cache of Google Play Services? It should work if not than the last resort would be to back up and hard reset the device
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
No, I didn't try wiping data/cache of play service. Let me.

Yeah. I think so. But this is happening with few apps only. McDonald's app was giving error while loading which solved after uninstall-reinstall.
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Dear Ambassador,

I tried this too but sadly same error. I think I will have to do factory reset.

But as I said in my previous comment, this happens with few apps only and right now, only one app is giving this error. Rest all are fine. Screenshot_20211212-082916_Google Play Store.jpg
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Dear Ambassador, even after today's latest update, I am facing same issue with particularly that app only.
I wiped cache partition too after update. Still there is problem.

There is one more S21Ultra user who is also facing same issue but for many Google apps even after today's update. He just messaged me.

What can we do now? Screenshot_20220111-133832_Google Play Store_90661_1641897512.jpgScreenshot_20220111-071748_Google Play Store_90707_1641874668.jpg
Galaxy S
I have checked the app and it seems that it is not compatible with Android 12. You will have to contact the developer of the app. msedclapp@mahadiscom.in to make it compatible.
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Yeah. I doubt that. And I had already contacted them. But no response from them. Even I have put same in my review on play store.
0 Likes
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Hi Ambassador,

The solution for this issue has identified but it is slightly weird.

The device protection needs to be switched off. It can be done as

Settings >> apps >> show system apps >> device security - ( force stop & clear cache ).

By this, I could easily download the app which was not installing previously and I am using it too. 😊