Original topic:

S24 Ultra - Camera shift issue while zooming

(Topic created on: 02-02-2024 05:37 PM)
y2kviv
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
l am writing to bring to your attention a concerning issue I have encountered with my recently received Galaxy s24 Ultra, which I pre-ordered on samsung.com and received on January 24th.

Upon using the device, I have observed a significant image shift problem when switching between zoom lenses (1x, 2x,3x,5x etc). Despite my attempts to replicate the issue in Samsung store devices, I was unable to do so. This leads me to believe that the problem lies within the hardware of my device indicating a potential defect. I'm not sure this is something that could be fixed over a software update either.

I have also come across multiple instances on social media, such as the tweet linked below, where other users are experiencing the same camera issue: [Link to Twitter post:https://twitter.com/smasithick/status/1752733526586491319.]

As a loyal Samsung user for an extended period, I am disappointed that such a quality concern exists in a flagship device. I have high expectations for the performance and reliability of Samsung's products. and this issue falls short of those expectations.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to a swift resolution.
9 Comments
petter_mn
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
i have noticed the same problem
Zammi
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I did some testing. Yes, it is reproducible. Two things I noticed.
1. It happens when zoomed in very close objects from 1-5. For the objects in far seems OK.
2. Able to hear a kind of a cracking noise - seems like lens shifting noise.
0 Likes
Zammi
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
But the image quality after shifting seems OK.

20240203_112922_1000008649_1706945363.jpg
0 Likes
Iscanniya
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I've got the exact Same Problem. It can be 

Recorded! I only shifted the cameras, the Phone was fix.

0 Likes
Sirvan_mokry
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I have tge same issue and i pre-ordered it from odido(former T-mobile) in netherlands. So disapointing 

0 Likes
Sirvan_mokry
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

• someone just explain this to me!!! When i change the zoom from 1x to 5x you can see an issue obvously. Is that a software issue or hardware issue?? 

0 Likes
johndru
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

ARE YOU EVEN SERIOUS?! Seriously, you are transitioning from 1 lens to another. These lenses are PHYSICALLY AWAY FROM EACH OTHER.

Think of it as your pair of EYES. Close your left eye and observe what you can see from your right eye. Now, close your right eye and open your left eye. You will notice that your eyes are seeing 2 different things. It's called PERSPECTIVE.

The 3x zoom lens is seeing a different PERSPECTIVE than the 5x lens because they are a few centimeters apart! Oh dear...

0 Likes
Guy500
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

For me the picture goes blurry between 3x and 5x.  Before 3x and after 5x it is clear again.   Can this be fixed? 

0 Likes
Members_vsUYUak
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

hi, 

I have the same problem and I am a video editor, I dont want such an issue in my flagship phone (s24 ultra) I got the 512 variant so I am good with low space issue while making videos, well on my shoot day when I was zooming in while making a video, I got these CUTS within the video while switching lenses, it wasn't smooth it wasn't switching, it was a HARD CUT, and because of this issue I can not use the video to broadcast and lost all the time, the gear the show. come on Samsung !!! fix this issue in next update or I am never coming back to Samsung again. 

0 Likes