Original topic:

Galaxy S9+ now unable to use two SIM cards and memory microSD at the same time.

(Topic created on: 11-15-2018 12:54 PM)
DaveMe
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
The S9+ used to have the option to have two SIM cards and a microSD card fitted at the same time, but recent updates now prevent this with a popup message "Sim card tray slot problem - there seems to be something in your sim card tray...."

This has obviously been put there by Samsung to prevent the simultaneous use of all three cards, but to be honest it's just a hindrance to users who want this facility. Furthermore, it is tempting users to say on older versions of the firmware or to root their devices to invoke a fix for this ridiculous restriction. Rooting would of course mean no more Samsung Pay (great) :)

So come on Samsung, there is no need for this, but if you feel the message is important at least have a cancel option on the popup screen, rather than lock the whole phone. Better still remove this option altogether.
0 Likes
2 Comments
lowtech
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
It has never been possible to use two sim card and a sd card at the same time. Realize this few month later after I bought the s9+ when I had finally two sim card. Thanks to remind me one more reason why I will not buy Samsung anymore.
0 Likes
DaveMe
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes it was always possible on the S7 Edge DUOS to have two SIM cards and a memory card. The second SIM was mounted on top of the SD card. See YouTube videos or you could buy an adaptor that went external between case and phone. This was also possible on previous versions of Oreo on the S9+ but Samsung have disabled this function with a "blocking" popup message on recent updates. There is no valid reason for Samsung to do this but I can imagine they had a few warranty claims where users had tried badly and jammed 3 cards in the slot, even though it was possible with a little care and dedication. I had my old S7 Edge DUOS running for over a year with all three cards inserted but until Samsung remove this "block" message, rooting will be the only option.
0 Likes