Original topic:

flaws in A50S face detection👤💬

(Topic created on: 08-04-2019 03:05 AM)
Jeetsen
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Hey Guys! This is your technical friend Jeet🥰 Guys Here is another big problem found in A50. everyone knows that A50 has on display finger print scanner and face detection features itself but today I found a major problem while using the face detection features because usually face detection only works when your eyes are open and you are straight looking at the camera but In A50 even you keep your eyes closed still the the phone Is getting unlocked which is a very major issue I believe specially for those who wants to protect their cell phones with letest security services. So in this perspective I think Samsung should fix this issue soonest possible otherwise so many people and their privacy would be in trouble.

Guys If you found it helpful then please hit the like button and leave a comment below Thanks

Signingoff Tkcr and gdn8.
3 Comments
Galaxy A
Yes that's true and I've notice it in my Note 9 intelligent scanning which uses ires and face scanning together, unfortunately Samsung face scanning is still based on 2D scanning unlike iPhone with is 3D, that's why many users reported that they were able to unlock there phones by using only a photo of their own faces, therefore I recommend you not to use face recognition as your default unlocking method.
Galaxy A
Samsung have addressed this issue. They already have mentioned face recognition is not secure. Samsung recommend using iris scanner or fingerprint scanner if available, not intelligent scan.
The most secure way to lock the phone is password.
Jeetsen
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
yes thts why I requested to samsung if it can be fixed by software update
0 Likes