Original topic:

Serious Quality issues on new products.

(Topic created on: 07-14-2021 06:05 AM)
Anju101
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I have been a fan of samsung products over apple for a long time. But samsung has successfully made me hate their own products by their very low product quality. 
 I bought a galaxy s10 on Aug 2019 Brand new and used it for about an year (actually few days before 1 year completion). My phone was in perfect physical condition no scratches , no dents , no drops nothing. I used my phone a single day to take an underwater selfie. It was just below the surface of water so only a few centimeters deep and it was in the water for about only 1-2 minutes. As Samsung clearly states that the IP68 rating ensures 30 m for quite sometime i didnt think that it would become an issue. But for this 2 minutes water has completely gone inside the device and it damaged my device display which costs a fortune to replace. The funny thing is there was an iphone 11 which was used under water and it was used for over 15 minutes to take photos but it was juat fine. I can only "thank" samsung for their "IP68". 
 And recently I bought a Galaxy tab S7 and it has only been a month when I felt that there were some WIFI issues. It was not a problem with my WiFi as I had several connection and issue was there with every single one of them. I had to perform a network reset after days of crappy WIFI usage. And another irritating feature is the Reboot up time after it turns off from battery death. It takes about 3-5 minutes to start charging and unable to start until then. And the quality of the button in S- Pen is really low as it is malfunctioning after 3 months of use. 
 So as you can see although the features are great the products are NOT DURABLE at all. As a former fan I really liked SAMSUNG but now wish I had spent my money on apple products which are far more durable.
16 Comments
noahm
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

may I ask from where you bought the devices?

Anju101
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
S10 from UAE
S7 Tab from Sri lanka Softlogic
noahm
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
What is/are the manufacturing country/s of the devices? Specially the S10?

I bought my S10 back in 2019 June from SL, and I haven't had any issues. I have tested it in water only twice though. Nothing happened.
Anju101
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Vietnam
0 Likes
noahm
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
What's the IMEI's 7th and 8th digits? Is it 11?
0 Likes
Anju101
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
0 Likes
noahm
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
10 is Finland... which is actually having the second best quality after the original factory (00).
Hm... hope your IMEI isn't f@ke. (The word keeps getting sensored 😅)

Mine is also having Finnish origin and it is still doing well. As I mentioned I only tested twice under water though. May be in around 1 or 2m depth.
0 Likes
Anju101
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yeah all the other features work perfectly. I m still using the 4n with display issues.😅
0 Likes
Thanubro
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Ip68 is a protection rating it did not means you can have some fun in the water with your phone.
And don't forget there are lot of iphones damaged by the water even it got an ip rating.