Options
Galaxy S
I bought this galaxy s8 G950fd second hand
It was android 9 
I think it was manually updated
Samsung pass don't work on my phone
Neither secure folder nor S health
Plz help
Also it says ur phone has been rooted...
But right now it's not...

0 Likes
5 Comments
Tkokab
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
please check your phone software version and match it with the latest version released by Samsung. Try to update your phone manually to the latest version. If it doesn't update. Your phone has been rooted and will not update over the air. You have to update your phone through Odin software. And I am afraid once its rooted all the functions cannot be restored to default.
0 Likes
Yasir_Iqbal
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
mere px bhi aesa mob tha wh bhi root hwa wa tha
software update nhi hota tha
phir bahir se software update krwaya phir software update bhi aya lekin phir bhi secure folder nhi chala

Rooted phone ma kch nhi chlta bekar ha.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Once a phone is rooted knox warranty is void.
You cannot run knox related apps like Samsung Health or Secure Folder or Samsung Pay etc.
But you will be able to get the updates from OTA without any problem if you have manually restored your phone through odin.
Phone must be unrooted to get OTA updates.
I am using G950F which was already rooted when i bought it (used obviously). So i flashed the firmware through odin and now i am getting updates without any problem, but Health and Secure Folder wont work, as i dont use them othen so not a problem for me. Everything else works fine.

JawadAzhar
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Don't panic it's easy. Go to Samsung website download latest version of android against your model number. Install that.
0 Likes
zaibjan
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
once u root your mobile Knox will tripped and after that secure folder will not work neither Samsung pass because of security issues. but u have benefits of rooting too like free paid themes any type of call recording unlimited font styles
0 Likes