Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S21 suddenly stopped working

(Topic created on: 05-03-2023 01:57 AM)
Anelshiya
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
After exact 1 year of using my s21 it suddenly stopped working. I googled and figured out that it's the black screen death issue. Can see when my phone is charging but nothing else appeared on the screen. It was black. Gave it to the customer care center. They fixed replacing some parts on the screen. I got the phone back and it looked okay at that time. Once i came home i started setting up my phone and when i was restoring my data from the samsung account it went black again. Gave it to customer care. They checked and gave me the phone saying there's nothing wrong with it. Once i came home i plugged it into charge and when it was fully charged i switched on the power saving and BOOM...screen went black again. Nothing appeared except the charging notification at the bottom of the screen. I called the customer care and they taught me how to do the hard reset. Anyways i lost all the data i had in the phone and on top of that i couldn't restore anything from my Samsung account either. Now i use the same phone without switching on power saving. 
Anybody knows the reason for this issue? 
11 Comments
Galaxy S
Hi 👋
Recently Did you receive an update to your device ?
Anelshiya
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi 🙋 ♀️This happened like a month ago...and yes i think i did. But this hasn't happened as soon as i updated the phone also. So far after each update i used the phone without any issue. Do you think an update can be the cause?
Solution
Galaxy S
May be, some times updates got some bugs 🐛. i can't guess what happened to your device 😕 but i can give you a solution for the fix the issue

First visit samsung service center of third party phone repair shop then tell them what is your issue and you need to check your phone with another Display don't apply Display just connect it to the mother board and Then you can find what happened to your device. After replacing turn on power saving mood and you can find out is it as hardware or software issue
If it went black again it is software issue it isn't it is hardware issue

So if my comment is useful for you, use the 3 dots in my comment for accept my comment as a solution. 😉 👍
0 Likes
Anelshiya
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thankyou very much
Galaxy S
You're welcome 😊
0 Likes
Galaxy S
First of all, i am sorry to hear about this. Updates have been known to cause various screen issues especially to the s20 / s21 line of phones. Did u go to a Samsung authorized service center for the repair?
Anelshiya
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes i did. They replaced some parts of my screen and gave it back to me. But the problem isn't solved yet😓
0 Likes
Galaxy S
The only thing i can recommend is going to a different repair center. Its hard to pin point what the issue is from here. But if the first repair center gave u a warranty, perhaps go to them till the job is properly done. There haven't been any complaints about this specific problem before
0 Likes
Anelshiya
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thankyou🙏😇