Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Install OneUI (Not OneUI Core) to a device

(Topic created on: 06-10-2022 09:46 PM)
Lonixndu
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
OK here's the thing, my device is curruntly running on OneUI CORE 3.1 Based on Android 11. And you know "OneUI CORE" right? That trimmed down version  of OneUI for midrange or budget phones? 

Previously I used an A20, which had OneUI (not one ui core) innit. But nowadays samsung's some of midrange or budget phones has this "OneUI Core" version that lacks some useful features had in the OneUI. If my previous A20 had OneUI and it worked perfectly, why samsung putting "OneUI Core" for this new phones?

Like the new device I bought after my galaxy A20, is a M12, WHICH HAS ONE UI CORE! I'm pretty sure that my M12 is better than my old A20, but I hate this OneUI Core! Why Samsung? #yourgalaxyyourway ????

So here's my question guys. Is there anyway or anything I can do to install OneUI (not core) to my M12?
They say my device will receive Android 12 with oneui 4 on this June or July, but I'm pretty sure it's "ONEUI CORE 4"

I know this was a stupid question but please just reply... can it be done? Or it's impossible?
Installing the original OneUI (not core) to my device? I don't care about warranty void and stuff just... reply to my question please?🙃

Thanks👍🥲

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Vister
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Yeah, But One UI core has limited collection of features than One UI. But One UI core is optimized for low ends and midrangers to run perfectly even with an lower chipset. That's why they need to compress the OS as One UI core. I think you got and better idea from my comment.

Best apps you missed out with One UI : Good Look, Theme Park, Good Guardians and may more customization settings and camera features.

That's why you need to root your phone. After a complete rooting you can use the features in One UI as possible as in One UI core.

Also, accepting my comment would be generous 😃

View solution in context

7 Comments
Galaxy M
Well i can't tell u for sure if this can be truly done or not simply because samsung has gone out of their way to limit what One Ui Core gets vs One Ui. With that being said, many gifted tech people do tinker with such possibilities.

As much as One Ui and One Ui Core are software variations, there are definitely hardware limitations as well. So its not just about purely installing a new system, the hardware might not be enough to run it.

The best place to get ur answers would be to try the XDA developer forums. Since this is an official samsung forum, it is not the place to discuss this kind of issue.

I do understand your issue. I hope you will be able to find answers at XDA. Good luck!

If my comment helped you in any way, please consider hitting the 3 dot menu and accepting my answer as a solution.

Thanks 😊😊
Hiruka_NU
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
No you can't.but there is a same tweak I know.You can root your(OneUIcore)device and get OneUI features easily ..!😉(I already got it..!)
Lonixndu
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
How?
Hiruka_NU
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
By rooting...
Ali_Samir
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

well i have root how to do it?

0 Likes
JKB_Jayalath
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Can you send me the modified rom? Or can you tell me how to do it?
0 Likes
Solution
Vister
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Yeah, But One UI core has limited collection of features than One UI. But One UI core is optimized for low ends and midrangers to run perfectly even with an lower chipset. That's why they need to compress the OS as One UI core. I think you got and better idea from my comment.

Best apps you missed out with One UI : Good Look, Theme Park, Good Guardians and may more customization settings and camera features.

That's why you need to root your phone. After a complete rooting you can use the features in One UI as possible as in One UI core.

Also, accepting my comment would be generous 😃