Original topic:

Tips & Tricks - Increase UI Responsiveness - A Settings Tweak

(Topic created on: 05-16-2021 12:51 AM)
noahm
Active Level 8
Options
Others
Go to settings > Apps > Special access in the triple dot menu (Upper right corner).

Switch the filter to "All", then toggle off battery optimization for "System UI" and "One UI home" (Naming may vary on One UI Core, so look for the One UI icon). 

If you use a customized launcher, I recommend that you cut off the optimization for them as well.

I tested this on an S10e running on Android 11, One UI 3.0, Exynos.

Try this and let others also know if it works for your model.
9 Comments
SHΛN
Active Level 8
Others
Battery will drain, but performance will increase
0 Likes
noahm
Active Level 8
Others
Nope, there is no known impact from this to the battery. The UI apps don't come under battery optimization by default.
Thanubro
Active Level 7
Others
Do you feel anything different or extra smoothness in system ui after switch that off?
0 Likes
noahm
Active Level 8
Others
For me yes, I did this for my s10e. I am at 90% used with my internal memory (116/128 GB) too, I was observing a little lag in apps such as Gallery, even a few games like COD... when opening.
With the new tweak they open much faster, and in gallery the images and videos load instantly when I scroll down to the oldest (I have over 20,000 pictures and videos).
Still the responsiveness might depend on other settings too, like the logger buffer sizes.
Thanubro
Active Level 7
Others
Ohh great thanks for this tip!
Benjaminben
Active Level 7
Others
Will this drain the battery??
noahm
Active Level 8
Others
System UI apps don't come under optimization by default. I didn't experience any specific battery drain after the change. 🤗
Benjaminben
Active Level 7
Others
Ok cool. I'm experiencing a smooth ui, and apps opening and closing are smooth.. thnx for the tip
noahm
Active Level 8
Others
Gald you found it helpful bro.👍😊