Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Update android 10 in galaxy not 8

(Topic created on: 12-08-2020 07:42 AM)
kHkUly
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Must still update android 10 oneUi 3.0 for galaxy not 8 this my 3rd post for this issue .that,s it Thank you
9 Comments
user9992112
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
One UI 3 is based on Android 11 not android 10
kHkUly
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
Ok then Update UI 2.5 😒
0 Likes
DraykoZz
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hello,

I would live to help you regarding this issue.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 8, being manufactured, hence launched in 2017, with Android 7, Nougat, does not support Android 10 or further updates. Samsung thrives to provide with continuous updates, but only as long as the hardware supports them. You will receive security updates, but please understand, not a major OS update due the the reasons mentioned above.

If any other problem persists, try the following;
a. Reset the phone in Settings>General Management>Reset.
*Please backup your data as Resetting your Galaxy will erase all your data.
b. Ask for help online via Samsung Service Chat.

Thank you, if you need more help, don't hesitate to respond, and I'll be here as soon as possible.
amj06
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I'm samsung galaxy A 7 2018 but still no update receive using 8.0.1 android patch updated date 1 Nov 2018
0 Likes
DraykoZz
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hello,

I would love to help if you, please provide with some more details.

You Galaxy Smartphone might have some network and location issues. But first we'll have to check if that really is the problem. To check;
a. Please inform me with the Model Number of your Smartphone. That will determine if your Smartphone is really the Global Version.
b. Please go to Settings>About>Software Information, Under Service Provider SW you should see PAK/PAK/PAK/PAK. If not, please inform me.

I hope it helped, reply if you have further queries and I'll be right here.

Thank you.
0 Likes
amj06
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thanks for your reply
My model no is Samsung Galaxy A7 2018
Software provider details PAK/PAK, PAK/XSG
0 Likes
DraykoZz
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hello,

Thanks for letting me know.

It seems like your Galaxy Smartphone is registered with a different service provider as XSG stands for another country. Maybe waiting for longer might help for ultimately an update later.

However different circumstances might be what it is. If you really need the Android 10 with One UI 2 update, which I can understand, you will need to flash the firmware.

You can watch a tutorial on YouTube, but you must flash it with Samsung Odin, and make sure you choose the Model Number SM-A750F for the Firmware. The best website will be Sammobile. Thoroughly watch the entire tutorial and proceed with caution.

*Any data loss will not be accounted for/against Samsung or this Member. Samsung holds the right to totally dismiss what happens after you proceed.

Thank you. Hope it helped!

Lots of love, stay safe.
0 Likes
amj06
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Kindly share tutorial link and odin link also thanks for your cooperation
0 Likes
DraykoZz
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hello,