Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 9 screen goes green when power button press

(Topic created on: 04-30-2020 01:10 PM)
Samsung_uFxttUu
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

From the last one week, my note 9 display becomes green when I press the power button to turn the display on or when I power off and restart the phone. But after some time the display ok and the phone work fine. I did factory reset but it is still the same anyone facing this issue. 

13 Comments
Rajiya1
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
yes im facing this type of issue in my samsung A20 when i press power button my screen went white but screen won't on again press then screen went red then again press screen finally on, i have reset several times , hard reset each and everything but not resolved!
0 Likes
Rajiya1
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
i had contacted Samsung customer service help center they took my mobile and reset and sent me back and after some days my phone start doing the same thing again!!! someone pĺs help
0 Likes
MuhammadTa
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
The same problem with my phone also , I recived the update and after that phone started problem with screen yellowish and then normal . It was hap
pening very often even during calls when sensor works for the light . Then after press power button and wait for few seconds then back to normal . I thought it is software issue so I cleaned the cache uninstalled applications but no use. Then after few days waiting to get back normal itself I backed up my data which is too difficult for 128 gb full and hard reset the phone and surprisingly after that the problem is more worse . Now the screen get back to normal after so many mins . Screen light is dimming itself , in between if reduce the brightness there are lines on the whole screen and the whole screen is yelow.

I purchased the phone from Dubai and it have the warranty as well. I emailed samung dubai and they confirmed the warranty status active and advised to wait for the corona that it will be normal in may so you can travel to dubai . How can one travel if covid 19 is not over and the phone may be dead till then and the warranty finishes till may end . We paid hell of the money for the phone and now facing problem due to stupid update . I am user of samung from last 15 years but it seems that we are being forced to switch other brands as I was thinking to buy s20 ultra and note 10 plus.

For the correspondence I tagged samung accounts on twitter but seems no body cares for the customer issues . Samung should replace the screens or replace the whole units for the customers in the region they are present currently as many of the customers cannot travel. This is due to their software update .. my phone is totally brand new condition not even a single scratch.

I request all effected people with this to tag on twitter and other social networks for speedy recovery. And if samobile forum can highlight the matter boldly and repeatedly the issue on behalf the users it will be favorable.

Leave a Comment

ericchua1813
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

relax bro... i have the same issue thought my screen issue. thanks to your post i know its not the screen...

thanks a lot...

0 Likes
MuhammadTa
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Hi All, You may have seen this problem already in community forum by many other Note9 Users.

Im also facing this issue from past 10 days.

1)Initially, when I unclock phone by pressing power button the display was changed to dim colour(mostly yellowish) and with horizantal lines displayed when the brightness is below 50%.

After tried with multiple times pressing on power button the display came to normal.

2) Next stage is its not normal with power button. I have to kept my phone aside for some time to get back to normal display. Its been 15 to 20 min then.

3) Now, I would get normal display only in morning because we keep phone idle in night. So I canged to lock screen power off from 30 Sec to 10 Minutes. So that my screen wont turn off and I can keep the display normally. If I forgot to use or kept aside more than 10 then my screen would go off and phone get locked so that display **bleep** again irritation starts with that discoloration probelm. 

4) If display changes to yellowish to reduce the horizantal lines problem I need to increase the brightness to 80 or 85% but this causing my phone with another problem "heating issue". Display is burning like we kept phone on fire some time.

Initially I thought this was my problem and I felt like dragged to worst situation in this hard time. After searching in community and google I have got to know that Many other(mostly hundreds) members also facing the same issue.

@Samsung need to respond on this issue and they must answer these questions to their customers.

If problem persists in one or two devices randomly we can accept that we may feel like "this is my fate as I got this defected device and it was gone after warranty". 

But this problem could be seen many devices( that too at a same time frame. Its not common problem which can be seen on one or two devices..

Its already reported in many websites like #PhoneArena, #AndroidAuthority, #9to5Google as Note 9 customers facing serious display problem after recent software update. However, we didnt here any word from our #Samsung about this issue. Like 

1)Are they going to fix this next software update?

2)Would they help their customers to repair if not problem solved by software update?

3) Why did it happen in many devices at same time and the same problem? What is the main cause or glitch here?

4)How could this can be solved ? (Aprt from same sterio type answer "Go to nearest service center")

We all know, without any specific guidelins from Samsung officially service center guys would surely says its display problem you need to replace the display which will cost about 40000 for each individual.

Seriously? Do we need to suffer by spending 40000 for company's mistake? If not company mistake how could this problem persists in hundreds of devices at a same time? Are they bugging by software? Or they selling damaged/malfunctioned devices?

Mohammed-Ashraf
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Yes, I do have same problem.

Temporary solution  

Step 1: configure finger print  on your device to unlock the phone

Step 2: Lock the phone

Step 3: Touch your  screen top left until you see clock 

Step 4: unlock your device by finger print 

Best Of luck

0 Likes
ericchua1813
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

yeah same problem when use power button it goes dim with line. temporary i try not to use the power button...

0 Likes
Satz4u
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Even im facing the same issue, is there any remedy or should file a suit 

0 Likes
Lxdai
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

This is exactly same issue I am having now

0 Likes